Anybody got hip joint pain either pre or post op?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody got hip joint pain either pre or post op?? Anybody got hip joint pain either pre or post op??

Unread 12-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Anybody got hip joint pain either pre or post op??

O.K. - got one more question for my fellow Sisters:

I was just wondering if anybody out there either had or has hip joint pain & stiffness, either pre or post op. I had bad pain & stiffness for a few months before my surgery (TAH with everything removed). The doc. said before my sugery that it could be related to the fibroid tumers & all the other stuff I had going on with my ovaries. She said that it might go away after surgery but didn't know for sure if it was even related.

Well, the pain totally dissapeared for the first 3 weeks after surgery and I was very excited. However, it has just returned in the last few days so now I'm afraid it might be something like Osteo Arthritis. I'm only 41 so can't imagine dealing with something like this at my age.

Did anybody else experience this type of pain and have it eventually go away after surgery?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

Vicki
TAH on 11/9/04 & got my hip joint pain back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2004, 10:47 AM

I've had hip joint pain for years - can't find a definite reason for it, but osteoarthritis is quite likely. I'm 56 now, but have had it for many, many years. It's not severe, more annoying, but noticeable. You might have different leg lengths (most people do) and that could aggravate it. another thing to look into would be osteoporosis and osteopenia. those may not cause pain, but are worth knowing about because you can treat them. also - do weightbearing exercise - treadmilling and walking are excellent.
Unread 12-03-2004, 12:23 PM

I have had pain on the side of my hips ( low) for about a year now, so bad that I can no longer sleep in our bed. We are saving up for a swedish foam mattress, mymom got one and I slept in that post op for hours with no pain. Not one of those tempurpedic ones, swdish foam, theya re different.
Anyway, the pain was diagnosed as bursitis, she said she could inject the joints with steroids, but that creeped me out so bad I couldnt' even think about it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2004, 03:35 PM

Yep, me too! I will ask my doc at my pre-op if my endo could be the culprit, but at this point in time I don't know why it is hurting. It started to hurt shortly after I was dignosed earlier this year, but it has not hurt too terribly bad until recently. Seems the worse I have begun to feel, the more it has hurt. Sounds like they could be related on some level. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
Vicki
Unread 12-03-2004, 07:55 PM

I am pre-op and 27 yrs old... I have had severe hip pain for a few years now... cant sit long, stand long, and wake up in pain through the night... constantly twisting and turning in the bed, annoying the sanity out of S.O. No1 has ever told me it is related to uterine problems.. of course my dr's never tell me much.
When I found out I had adenomyosis I wasnt even told what it was just what it does. Had to surf the net to find out it's name.
Will let you know how it goes after surgery on monday though!
~Melissa
TAH 12/6
Unread 12-03-2004, 07:57 PM

Yes, I had hip and sciatic nerve pain also. It was from the huge melon size cyst I had which was filled with over 300cc's of fluid. Pain was so bad my leg would just give out sometimes.

Now, I don't have it as bad but lately I am feeling some joint pain. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 12-03-2004, 09:07 PM

I am now 6 1/2 weeks post op. Yep the hip pain is back. It is very hard to get comfortable enough to fall asleep at night. Ihad thought for a while it was just my bed but the mattress and box springs are new. I am glad to al least finsd out that I am not the only one who is having this type of pain. If I find an answer I will let you all know.
God Bless
Terry
Unread 12-03-2004, 09:22 PM

I was fine before surgery re hips. After surgery I developed hip and thigh pain that kept me awake at night and got very bothersome. It has very slowly gotten better and just recently, at 8 weeks, I am now able to lie on my side in bed on a three-inch thick memory foam mattress.

I found that massaging my hips and thighs and sometimes, walking, helps mitigate the strange pain/intense ache.

Since it is slowly, slowly improving I associate it with some sort of nerve damage perhaps that occured from surgery or from the position I was in for so long under anesthesia.

I hope you feel better and hope it's not arthritis. I am so relieved my hip/leg pain is improving because it got quite bad, still does sometimes, and I could not ignore it. Nerves take a long time to heal and grow back so I'm thinking it's something like that.

Good luck to all of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register