If You Are Having Trouble Sleeping Must Read | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

If You Are Having Trouble Sleeping Must Read If You Are Having Trouble Sleeping Must Read

Unread 12-03-2004, 10:51 AM
If You Are Having Trouble Sleeping Must Read

Good morning SISTERSSSSSS.......

I'm a little over 7 weeks post op and have been doing GREAT..... Back to work at 11 days post op etc. etc...... The last week or so I find myself not being able to go to sleep before midnight or later and I have to be up by 6:00 a.m. for work..... Well I went to the health food store and asked them what they would recommend for a all natural sleep aid..... Well what I got is called (Calms forte)..... I took 2 of them last night around 10:00 p.m. and I do believe I was out for the count by 10:10 p.m...... When my alarm went off at 5:00 a.m. this morning I hit the snooze button 1 time and was out of bed by 5:10 a.m. feeling GREAT....... No groggyness, tiredness at all...... I feel totally rested right now at work..... Hope this will help some of the sleepless sisters.....

Take care
Rambi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2004, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the tip! I'll be looking into this!
~Tammy
Unread 12-03-2004, 01:17 PM

Hi Rambi I've moved your post over here to the Post Op board, where others who may be having trouble with insomnia can find it more easily.

I'm glad you are starting to get some

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2004, 04:44 PM

Thanks for sharing! I am so tired of waking up every two hours...I will have to try this!
Unread 12-03-2004, 06:14 PM

What are the main ingredients?

I'm glad it's working for you!
Unread 12-03-2004, 06:15 PM

Thank you for sharing this information. I have heard that melatonin helps with sleep too. Anyone ever tried this one? I am always curious about herbal remedies instead of chemical ones(even though they work great)
Unread 12-03-2004, 08:40 PM

marianwrn:

I have tried melatonin in the past when I had trouble sleeping and it did help. The only thing was I found if I used it too often then when I tried to wean off, I couldn't sleep but that was only temporary. All in all, the melatonin can help though. I like to try herbal remedies also instead of chemical ones when I can.
Unread 12-03-2004, 08:45 PM

Calms Forte is wonderful stuff! All herbal!

I've used it for years and have always had success with it.

It's safe and effective!

You can buy it just about anywhere, wal-mart, walgreens, local drug store or gnc.
Unread 12-03-2004, 09:01 PM

Hello to all of my sister insomniacs!

I am a little over three weeks post-op now. and I have been having a LOT of trouble sleeping due to persistent and very annoying night sweats. (The hot flashes during the day are also disturbing, of course, but not sleeping seems to make everything else far, far worse.)

Last week, the doc gave me a prescription for Ambien which is helping (-- I now wake up 2-3 times during the night as opposed to every hour or so), but I know I shouldn't stay on it for a long time, and there is no telling when my menopausal symptoms will end. (I had an SAH-BSO for severe endometriosis, so HRT is apparently not a good option in my case.)

I would love to know more about Calms Forte. Can you take it for an extended period of time? Also, are there any reasons it should NOT be taken that you are aware of?

Thanks as always for sharing. I don't know what I would do without this site or without all of you.

s,
Carrie
Unread 12-03-2004, 09:41 PM

I use Valerian Root and Melatonin. I don't use either of them for more than 3 days in a row because of the rebound insomnia.

Melatonin is normally secreted by the body at night. Darkness enhances its release. Turning off lights including night lights may also help.

Valerian Root is a natural sedative.

Chamomile also has relaxing properties. Tea before bed helps me relax.

Lavender oil is a good relaxant. You can find it in all kinds of products now. I have a lavender eye pillow.

And, yes, I have that prescription for Ambien if I need it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register