Who DIDN'T Have Pain After Sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who DIDN'T Have Pain After Sex? Who DIDN'T Have Pain After Sex?

Unread 12-04-2004, 02:09 PM
Who DIDN'T Have Pain After Sex?

I see a lot on here about painful sex after the surgery but what I want to hear is some encouragement from any ladies who didn't have severe pain, bleeding, etc... I went for my 6 week yesterday and the doc said I have to wait 4 more weeks because of granulation so it won't be anytime soon. But I don't want to be afraid to do it!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2004, 03:05 PM

(((Iris)))

I agree, there does seem to be many painful experiences discussed here.....leaving one to wonder who "DOESN'T" have painful experiences. So...I will share with you that there is hope for a painless reunion! I DID have one~and my PRE-OP experiences had been painful for some time! I was nervous about the reunion experience...but all went well. The advise our doctor gave us was to take things very slowly and to let ME be the one in control of how much penetration and how active things got. We had a very relaxing evening...candle-lit dinner, soft music.....and a very enjoyable time! It didn't take long for me to realize that we were okay! It was the first time in a long time that we were able to enjoy sex without pain! (It has been 14 mo. since my surgery and I must say, I am very pleased with the results of my surgery!!!!!)

However...it is important to note that EVERYONE heals differently and their experiences are very varied! It is important to listen to your doctor about when you are healed enough to experiment! It is VERY important to PACE the situation! If it hurts, STOP...you may not be healed enough! I didn't experience the granulation that you did, so our healing process is different.

's,
ROnda
Unread 12-04-2004, 03:14 PM

I didn't have any pain after sex the one time we've tried (we're both sick and hubby has a hurt back right)

I was really afraid that it would hurt, and that I would have problems with bleeding or discharge after because I had a vaginal cuff infection 5 days post op.

I didn't have any problems with lack of lubrication either, which kind of surprised me (TLH/BSO on Estratest) infact, I think I had more lubrication than I used to!!

I didn't have the big O, but I think that it was because of nerves. BUT I have been able to acheive the O with external stimulation, so, I'll just have to wait until hubby and I are over this stupid flu and try, try, again!!

Kathi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-04-2004, 04:10 PM
no pain

Iris, this morning was our 1st romp, cleared on Thursday at 6 week checkup, and it did not hurt. The Dr. treated my cuff with silver nitrate in a number of spots, so that it wouldn't hurt. Seemed to work. Good luck, it looks like you've been through a lot.
Unread 12-04-2004, 04:34 PM

I didn't have any pain...waited til 8 weeks though...just to make sure. Everything went fine. Good Luck!
Unread 12-04-2004, 04:37 PM
no pain

The first time was a little uncomfortable. DH said it was like the first time we did it. Did not hurt at all though. I'm 4 mths out now and our sex life is wonderful. No more bleeding, no more cramping, no more pain!!!

doxa
sah 29 july 04 kept cervix and ovaries
Unread 12-04-2004, 06:02 PM
No pain either

Hi,

I didn't have any pain the first time "back." I waited for 8 weeks after surgery, too.

Hope things work out for you. s

Marty
Unread 12-04-2004, 07:24 PM

Hi Iris, I just had to respond to this post. I was cleared for sex at my six week check and that weekend was one of the most wonderful weekends I had in months prior to my surgery. We went slow and I will say I was a bit nervous about it, but no pain, no bleeding, no cramping, just pleasure, pleasure and more pleasure. I might also add that it has gotten even better as the time goes on. Good Luck, Connie
Unread 12-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Well then you missed my posts about sex! ;-)

I was totally expecting pain and/or bleeding but had neither! That was right at 6 weeks PO from TVH with repairs and rectopexy. I was PETRIFIED! o:
Unread 12-04-2004, 08:02 PM

My doctor cleared me for intercourse at about five weeks post op. Of course my husband was pretty excited about the prospect...I am surprised he didn't rush right home! I was nervous, but it did not hurt at all...felt ok. My libido was not very good, as I was still having problems with severe swelly belly, and being tired. I did not bleed, or have any kind of problems at all. We are not back up to full speed yet, but it keeps getting better, and I have not had the first twinge of pain.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register