rectocele question - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectocele question rectocele question

Unread 12-08-2004, 06:45 PM
rectocele question

Hi
wow, I sure pray to God that isn't the case. I couldn't imagine going through all of that. My insurance would throw me out, I am sure.
The last few days everytime I have a bm( it is soft, never hard)I see blood in the toilet bowl. The water is red. There is also slimy red blood on the toilet paper. I am not worried about cancer though, because my colonoscopy in Aug. was just fine.
My gyn sent me to this colon rectal surgeon. He said she is the best around and can rebuild a pelvic floor if needed. That is how talented she is. Her nurse practioner said she doesn't repair rectoceles though. I will just wait to see what is found.
I have skin tags on my hiney which inflate when I try to move my bowels, but I don't see(by mirror) any rectum coming out of my anus when trying to go. Isn't that the symptom of rectal prolapse?I do know when I strain to go, I actually urinate some. I am wondering if something is pushing on my bladder.
I will pursue this until I feel I have gotten all of the treatment necessary,and gotten my answers.
I am taking life day by day and enjoying being here on earth. I know things will get fixed when it is time.
Happy Holidays everybody!!!!!
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2004, 07:55 PM
rectocele question

(((Peggy)))) Have you mentionned all these latest symptoms, including the blood in the stools, to your doctor? That is simply not normal

One thing I'm thinking, and never thought to mention <dhuh>, is that you could also be dealing with hemerhoids. If the "skin tags" you mention are right at the entrance of the rectum, have a tendency to become inflamed and can cause pain and itching, you could be dealing with hemerrhoids. And when hemerrhoids are irritated... or just allowed to get worse, then can bleed... and even hemorrhage <sp?>

Sending tons of s your way and hoping that you find answers, and relief, very soon.
Unread 12-08-2004, 10:23 PM
rectocele question

Peggy-

Please follow the others advice and let the Doc. know about the bleeding.

I'm going in this Fri for the hyst/ rectocele repair, and I wish that I had had that done before my 11-22-04 internal/external hemorrhoid removal. I could not get the scheduling done to have it all done at the same time.

I need to push with my fingers on my perineal area to make sure that all of the fecal matter comes out. (Sorry, so graphic.)

I have had anal bleeding with this, as well.

The hemmorhoids can not always be seen, so you may need the colon/rectal Doc. to look.

My rectocele was confirmed with the defography test.

I'm glad that I had my problem diagnosed, even if it did take almost a whole year to figure out what was wrong!!!!

Hang in there- this ones for you-

Marcia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2004, 09:10 PM
rectocele question

hello
I had my defecography test today. I have no rectum prolapse thank God. I was shown on the pictures from the test that I have a moderate rectocele and a enterocele, which my gyn did not know I had. He thought I only had a barely level 1 rectocele. The radiologist pointed these out to me. He also saw that I couldn't hardly empty my rectum and told me to not try anymore. He didn't want me to hurt myself trying.
He said his boss will go over the film ( he was looking at them as I left). The colon rectal surgeon will have the reports Monday. She does not do these kind of repairs, but at least I know what is causing my problems now. I am so relieved. My gyn will also get the report sent to him.
The radiologist said the pouch just filled instead of emptying out. He believes once I get it repaired I will be able to go without much problem.
Until I hear from the doctors I will just continue enjoying the holiday season. I still feel much better than before having my hyst!!
Thank goodness I followed what my body was telling me and demanded some testing.

Hugs to you all
Peggy
Unread 12-18-2004, 06:13 PM
rectocele question

Thanks for the update (((Peggy)))). Isn't it great to have our symptoms validated Especially when it's with something that can ber treated!!!

Sending tons of s your way. Hopefully your holiday season will be a whole lot mre relaxed!!!
Unread 12-19-2004, 01:53 AM
rectocele question

Thanks Dany
I already feel so much better about this thing. I saw a gastro at 4 weeks post op because of the constipation problem. After the colonoscopy at 3 months he just labeled me with IBS after he didn't find anything else wrong. MY gyn sent me to a adhesion dr. a few months later, thinking adhesions was causing the thumping sensation in my abdoman. He was thinking on the right track I realize now. There were no adhesions holding down my intestines as he thought there might have been. I am so glad my gyn listened to me, then decided to send me to the colon rectal surgeon. That is how I was finally diagnosed with the enterocele, which is where the small intestines bulge into the vagina. That is the area where I am very sore when pressure is applied and where most of the thumping sensation comes from. Between the rectocele and the enterocele, no wonder I have bm problems and abdominal discomfort. I feel much better knowing why I feel the way I do and knowing it is for real helps me alot. I know it can be fixed, so I am not near as worried as I have been for months now.
I am enjoying the holiday season. I hope you are too Dany. ANd thanks so much for always being supportive of me. I appreciate it.
Peggy
Unread 12-27-2004, 07:29 PM
rectocele question

My gyns office called me at work today. They still haven't received the results from the colon rectal surgeons office of the defecogram which was done Dec. 17th. I called that office and they are still waiting for the hospital to send them the results. I called the radiology dept. at the hospital myself to have the results sent to my gyn.
My gyn came back from vacation today thank goodness. I haven't talked to him yet. His receptionist took down the symptoms I am experiencing and said she will give it to my dr. He will probably call me back tomorrow at work. He is reliable. I gave symptoms of my vaginal irritations too, so hopefully he will want to see me this week or at least call in a prescription for me. I am hoping he will see the test results tomorrow and decide what route we should take for treatment. I am still hoping for closure on all of this mess. It has been 8 months ago today that this adventure began.

I will post what he has to say once he calls me.

Peggy
Unread 01-08-2005, 03:12 PM
rectocele question

Rectocele - What is it a dont understand?
Unread 01-08-2005, 04:02 PM
rectocele question

A rectocele is a hernia of the rectum-it protrudes into the vaginal wall, making it difficult to defecate properly.

Marcia
Unread 01-08-2005, 04:23 PM
rectocele question

i think thats what i have, when i went to my last check up i told him and he checked up their (DR) he said it wasnt that bad to take a stool softerner so i do i dont go back for a year . so i guess am fine for right now.he didnt really call it anything ,its has to have a name right?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register