20 weeks post op wound still open | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

20 weeks post op wound still open 20 weeks post op wound still open

Unread 12-06-2004, 04:32 AM
20 weeks post op wound still open

hi hyster sisters

well its 20 weeks since my TAH/BSO and my wound is still open and infected , the pain is unreal (cramping and stabbing) . nurses visiting me 4 times weekly to change dressings, not allowed to bathe or shower can only wash standing at the basin. I feel my life isn`t my own anymore.

Have been told no driving no lifting no stretching or bending and no housework, whats left for me to do?

some ppl would relish the thought of so much rest but i`m usually so active and it`s driving me insane.

thanks for listening

kazee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 05:39 AM
so sorry

I will never complain again about my wound taking 8 weeks to heal! I was told by both my surgeon and the visiting nurses that my opening was just a "glitch" in my recovery. After reading your post,I finally believe them. How is your skin handling the tape? That was one of my biggest complaints. I wish you well and you have all my sympathy and good wishes! Maggie
Unread 12-06-2004, 06:02 AM

I am with Maggie,,,,,,,, never again will I whine because this thing hasnt closed. Mine is only 5 weeks but I at least see some definate improvement. I go to the dr today and am hoping that I have avoided the extra stitches that he said I might need.

Do you like to read? cross stitch?
I wasnt allowed to drive for 6 wks after one surgery and that drove me nuts so I feel sooooooo bad for you. You are really brave and determined to be doing so well with this kind of huge set back. I will be thinking of you
good luck

missy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 06:18 AM

Now I feel soooo guilty, I'm complaining that my wound is still yucky after only a week. I'm waiting for the nurse to arrive to change the dressing for the first time since I left Hosp. I have to go the the Hosp on thursday for assesment.

I don't think I could take 20 weeks! I would have gone mad by now

I have been doing craft work and puzzles to get my mind going again (nothing like a thousand piece puzzle to send you to sleep) The craft work is making xmas prezzies for people and such like, so thats usefull.

Good luck & hope things improve soon for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register