Feeling like hit by a truck | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling like hit by a truck Feeling like hit by a truck

Unread 12-06-2004, 08:00 AM
Feeling like hit by a truck

Hello All you wonderful sisters out there...

I looked over the first page and I think today is backward step out there for alot of us. I had surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago although this past weekend I think I may have over done with family (My brother was ordained as a minister).

Today I feel like I've been hit by a truck. I'm running a low grade fever, I ache, my chest feels like a pile of encylopedias are on it. I assume this is all from doing too much this weekend???

I received very little discharge info but my family was very protective of me and I really didn' feel like I over did to the extent I feel today. I still slept alot and they wouldn't let me lift, work or do anything but sit.

Just feeling down today I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 08:17 AM

Hmm....the fever and the chest tightness don't sound like normal overdoing it stuff to me. You might want to have your doctor take a look at you. You don't want to develop some kind of lung congestion that will have you coughing. Ouch! Best be safe, rather than sorry.
Unread 12-06-2004, 09:08 AM

I was just thinkin sounds like you are allergic to something.....Are you taking anything new? I would definitely be calling your doc....I never had any chest pains after....And fever is a sign to call...

Please keep us informed of what your doc says...

hugs to you
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 09:10 AM
chest pain 3 weeks post op

had TAH 11/15 -- got an infection, then another infection from levaquin (bowels) then chest pain which they say is costrochondritis (inflammation of chest wall) i read on internet that fungal and bacterial infections can cause this?? It doesn't make sense becuase i have lifted NOTHING, been in & out of bed since 11/15 with nothing but problems -- drs. dont' seem to know what causes costrochondritis - & try to say it's from lifting -- can't be true in my case, but they will not say what causes it.
Unread 12-07-2004, 03:59 PM

Karen, are you feeling any better? I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner. Chest pain/fever can be a sign of a blood clot. Please, if you haven't already, call your doctor or go ASAP to the emergency room.

Blood clots are serious and the results can be fatal. I'd rather see you go to the ER and be told it's nothing. It's always best to err on the side of caution.

Please let us know how you are feeling.
Unread 12-07-2004, 06:49 PM

One week after my surgery I also felt like I was hit by a truck, chest pain, shortness of breath - dh took me to the hospital ER (not my surgery hospital) - after extensive tests, it was determined that the castle had sent me home with severe anaemia - like I was borderline for a blood transfusion. I went on iron pills and starting eating chopped liver daily - Please check this out - your symptoms are not normal (fever- could also be a bladder infection - I also had this).
But here I am, 7 months later, and feeling pretty good. Got the okay from the dr. last month at 6 mo. check-up to be able to really start exercising - couldn't do much before because of the bladder lift - big stitch - all healed up now.
Good luck to you
Happy Hanukah to all Jewish princesses out there!

- TVH, kept ovaries, bladder lift
Unread 12-08-2004, 08:18 AM

Hello all you Hyster Sisters,

I went to my doctor yesterday who instantly sent me to the ER. They ran all sorts of tests and can not find a reason for the pain in my chest or the pain in my lower right abdomin. So after 6 hours they gave me morphine and sent me home.

I guess I can feel good knowing they were unable to find a blood clot - however the doctor did say there maybe one there, it just didn't show on the CT Scan - didn't make me feel good. I'm going to chill even more today - after three days of being this tired I'm really hoping to turn a corner soon!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register