how are all the two weekers?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how are all the two weekers?? how are all the two weekers??

Unread 12-06-2004, 11:36 AM
how are all the two weekers??

I had my TAH on 11/22,so today is 2 weeks. I am still tired and can't sleep at night until around 3 in the morning. My stool is still so loose, but it feels like I am passing a boulder. UGH the pain.

I am trying to walk each day a couple times for 15 minutes each time. I am hoping that will help build stamina.

Food and I still do not agree. Anything fatty or spicy goes right through me. Good weight loss technique my friends tell me, but it has me a tad bit worried.

The pain is not bad. I never took pain pills, b/c I was not in too much pain, and I've ended up before with the pain pill constipation sickness-no thank you this time around.

Now I am starting to get stir crazy. I'm trying to read, listen to music, and watch movies.

I hope all the other two weekers are doing well!!!

julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 12:06 PM

My surgery was on 11/18 so just a few days before yours. I have actually gone Christmas shopping a few times but it wears me out FAST. I count on the shopping cart for something to lean on, lol. But then again, everything wears me out fast, even just standing for a long period of time.

The last couple of days I was thinking I was getting sick and today I am sure of it. I can hear rumbly in my chest and when I try to take a deep breath it feels like there are daggers stabbing in my chest and back. So I will be calling the dr tomorrow if I dont feel any better.

I havent taken my pain pills for 2 days now. I mostly hurt the most in the mornings when I first wake up. But my pain pills were making me sick to my stomach and dizzy to I weened myself off of them.

Some days my food goes thru me right as well but others I have to struggle to go. My dr has me taking prescription Senna to help me with that. I have lost 7 pounds.

I hope you are doing well. We will continue to take it one day at a time. Best of luck to you.
Unread 12-06-2004, 12:30 PM

I share your surgery date of 11/22 and am feeling pretty good. I've had little pain overall and usually have taken just 1 Motrin 600mg before bed each day.

Yesterday though I overdid it by going to the grocery store alone. Pushing the cart, even though I bought minimal items, was difficult and walking up and down the long aisles was too much. I learned my lesson for sure! Today I'm back to wearing the abdominal binder for a little extra support and that is helping.

Don't push it! 2 weeks post-op is nothing. We have a long way to go and must remember that.

All in all, my recovery hasn't been bad at all. Only thing I hated was not being able to get myself out of bed alone the first week.

Good luck everyone,
Joyce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 01:07 PM

Hi girls, I also am a 11-22 hyst sis. I must say, overall, I am fine. A little pain. A little sleepless. I am also a little stir crazy with cabin fever. So I am headed out today to shop (minimal) and drive for the first time. DR released me after 2 weeks if no Vicidin. I am now on 800 Motrin is needed, 2 weeks is better then 2 days right and just think in 2 months... we'll be dancing in the streets... OK OK I'll stop. Let you know how shopping went.
Unread 12-06-2004, 01:38 PM

I am two weeks, almost to the minute! I am having pretty significant pain. It's even worse when I eat anything of substance. Bowel movements are still awful. I'm still taking 1 darvocet every 6 hours and 1 motrin 600 on the in between 6 hours. I coul take darvocet more often and would probably feel better, but I just hate taking pain meds.

I actually called my DR today to see if this was normal. Her nurse called me back and said that many people need to be on a totally soft diet for 4-6 weeks. She said to keep on the bowel softeners and increase them if I experience any constipation, which actually is all I've experienced.

I am really hungry, but am afraid to eat. I miss chewing. Oh well, I also miss not being in pain. Now I'm off to have another bowel softener and a popsicle chaiser. Cheers!
Unread 12-06-2004, 02:26 PM

It sure sounds like the two week healing has a little of good and bad. I feel pretty good as long as I take my 800 mg of Ibuprophen every 12 hours. Much longer than that and I feel every ache in my tummy, especially at the belly button incision. Taking two naps a day cuz I'm anemic since surgery. And I finally got out of the house on Saturday for a few hours!! Boy, those bedtime stories sure hit us hyster sisters to a tee. I'm glad my DH was there to keep me moving I came home totally wiped out but it was worth it. I took it easy on Sunday and am back to "normal." It sure is hard to not do anything, especially during Christmas time. January would be an ideal month but I couldn't see going through two more months of monthly "trouble." Take it easy, Girls!! Time to go REST!!
Unread 12-06-2004, 03:08 PM

iM 2 WEEKS POST OP ON WED AND DOING FINE APART FROM AHVING TO BE RESTITCHED LAST WEEK ON DAY 8.I HAD A VERTICAL INCISION WHICH HADNT HEALED WELL AT ALL SO THEY HAVE SEWED ME UP DOUBLE NOW.I AM WEARING A LIGHT GIRDLE FOR SUPPORT NOW AND AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR MT STITCHES OUT ON THE 17/12.
I AM EATING NORMALLY AND HAVE GOT OVER THE WORST OF THE WIND BUT HAVE HAD DIAHORRHEA WITH THE IRON TABLETS!!ALL IN ALL IT WILL BE WROTH IT IN THE LONG RUN!! SOZ BOUT CPAS MY CAPS LOCK IS STUCK
Unread 12-06-2004, 03:09 PM

2 weeks today for me too ! You're right - much better than 2 days, but will be great to be looking at 2 MONTHS!

Overall doing well - have mildly overdone a couple times, but am learning. Finding that frustrating cos the line of "what's too much" changes a bit unpredictably.....

A little down today - feels like I might be starting a bug - headache, tired, droopy -
tomorrow will be a new day!
Unread 12-06-2004, 04:40 PM

Anyone with a vertical cut? With the swelling, it looks like I have a "mini-butt". No tight dresses for me for awhile-tee hee.

The last couple of days it hit me, and I forgot to mention it before, that I lost an organ. I've been crying on and off thinking to myself, "Did I do the right thing?" I have my ovaries and as far as I know my hormones are okay-were before surgery.

Anyone else getting weepy about having the surgery?

Glad to hear most of you are doing great, and for those who could be doing better, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Julie
Unread 12-06-2004, 06:34 PM

Hello follow Princesses!
2 weeks for me also. And I agree, I feel MUCH better than I did 2 weeks ago and also looking forward to the 2 month mark.
I was amazed at how well I recovered. Had trouble the first couple of days getting in and out of bed, but my husband and I are tall people and we have a tall bed.....so my only prob was getting to the sitting position and getting my legs over...after that it was "slide right onto the floor" ;D
I have been very careful & have a very attentive hubby and I believe that it why it's been so easy. Used pain meds for about 3-4 days, then controlled the pain with Motrin. Keeping food intake "light", drinking lots of water and walk daily to our mailbox. Had my first "trip" to the Hair Salon on Friday....pretty much wiped me out though, but was wonderful to to get out of the house! We live in the country, so it's very quiet out here and the city was a sight for sore eyes (and ears!) The most painful thing was the removel of my staples a week after surgery. Egads! Wasn't a good experience, but did feel better once they were gone. Steri Strips came off today....incision looks good to me, will see what my Doc says on the 15th.
So I will continue to listen to my body, take it easy, stop if I get tired and continue the walks, water and rest!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register