Bruising on abdomen normal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bruising on abdomen normal? Bruising on abdomen normal?

Unread 12-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Bruising on abdomen normal?

I have a dark, bruised area just above my bikini line incision and the area around that is yellowish, indicative of more bruising.

Is this normal? Can others tell me if you have abdominal bruising or not?

Thanks. I get nervous about anything I'm not sure about or haven't heard about yet!

Joyce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 12:43 PM

My surgery was 5 days before yours and YES I had quite a bit of bruising on my tummy both above and below the incision. Now, nearly 3 weeks post op it is beginning to fade and look much better.
Unread 12-06-2004, 12:50 PM

No abdominal bruising, but it took a full month for the bruising on my arm (from the IV) to go away. Gross.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2004, 01:16 PM

I had a bit of bruising, both around my incision and extending from them up to the pelvic bone.

I even took photos during the first month of my recovery - link

It's perfectly normal to have bruising, but definitely mention it to you doctor if it gets worse or doesn't go away. Mine took about a month.

Take care.
Unread 12-06-2004, 03:22 PM

3 weeks and I still have a slight bruise which is turning yellowish now. Doctor says it's from turning the muscle back to get at the uterus and it will disappear in about another week or so.
Unread 12-06-2004, 04:08 PM

I had my TAH/BSO on Nov. 30 - 6 days post-op. I have bruising like you mentioned. My insition site is also a bikini cut. I have dark blue splotches all across the insition site and about an inch or so on top and below. Some splotches are a yellowish color too. These began to show up in the hospital and the nurses told me they were abdominal bruises that were normal from my type of surgery.

I don't know how long the bruises last, but I wonder if our insides have these same bruises. No wonder we hurt!

~ Barb
Unread 12-06-2004, 04:19 PM

Yes. I had surgery on Dec. 2nd and have lots of bruising all across my stomach. Everyone here says that's nomral. I get nervous about it all too and I wasn't told about this. They all say to hang in there too. That it gets better. I'm patiently waitning..... :-)
Unread 12-06-2004, 09:49 PM

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that freaked out over that bruising. No one bothered to warn me about this either and my is about an inch above the insision and runs the whole way across my stomach. I about freaked totally when I lifted my "baby pouch" and seen that after I got home as I didn't see it when I was in the hospital at all.
Unread 12-06-2004, 10:46 PM

i had a lot of bruising all around my bikini cut, my doc had to stretch the incision a bit to get the fibroids out, made the bruising a little worse. i also show bruises easily.
Unread 12-07-2004, 04:53 AM

I will be 3 weeks post op this Thursday and also have bruising on the left side above my csection scar. I developed seromas where the lidocaine catheters were inserted on each side though. I was also wondering if this bruising was normal and if others had this problem.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register