Is anyone else smelling a bit funky post op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is anyone else smelling a bit funky post op? Is anyone else smelling a bit funky post op?

Unread 12-07-2004, 02:33 AM
Is anyone else smelling a bit funky post op?

AAAARGH! I feel like I'm doing adolesence again! I shower and the hot flashes blowout my deodorant. I'm not discharging colorful stuff at all but I sweat and I'm guessing that something is. My GYN said all clear today. But she didn't get near the area. She said she'll save that for January. But man oh man....i still have the ovaries. I wasn't expecting to morph into a funk beast, manly woman! A moment ago I had the mother of all hot flashes. I truly need to stay away from my hubby. I think the closer I get to him, the more they go off. I'm sleeping in the guest room tonight. I can't bear this limp dishrag feeling anymore!!!!! AAAARGGGH!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2004, 02:52 AM

Ditto to everything you said! Glad I'm not the only one.
Unread 12-07-2004, 04:36 AM

I noticed a slightly different odour, too. ....it almost seems like it's sweating out of me. It seems to be fading......maybe it was all the drugs they give us in hospital.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2004, 07:36 AM

I agree that it is probably the remnants of the drugs that have put into our systems. I do not have hot flashes and I don't have an awful smell but there is a scent that I am hoping is just part of the recovery. My step Mom use to tell me that if you don't eat healthy that you will promote foul scents from your body. I don't know if that helps you any but good luck with it. I hope it's all my blood cells doing their job and rebuilding the tissues needed!
Unread 12-07-2004, 03:21 PM

Hey Ladies,

Here's an oldie but a goodie about exactly this subject:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...hreadid=154736

I do know what you're talking about though. I found that switching deodorants helped some, and I switched to an anti-bacterial soap and that helped as well. It seemed to go away after awhile, or maybe I just got used to the "stinkier" me.
Unread 12-07-2004, 09:35 PM

I am at 4 weeks. The first 3 weeks, my 6 yr old with an overly sensitive sense of smell (can't go near the open fridge or trash can) kept excalaiming YOU SMELL, OOH I've got to get away from you. I showered and was ok for a few hours and then it would come back. My room (the guest room) smelled to my husband who can't smell anything. He keeps opening the windows in 30 degree temps. and airing it out. I can smell it too. But its really diminished now.
Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register