Angry about......."We'll be there for you." - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Angry about......."We'll be there for you." Angry about......."We'll be there for you."

Unread 12-09-2004, 06:57 AM
Angry about...."We'll be there for you

Dear Carmen:

Glad to hear you had your family helping you. Your daughter at 16 is very special to treat you so well. That was sreally sweet of you sister. Now as for any kind of cleaning it will be there when you get back on your feet. If people are coming over to see your house and if it is clean or not they aren't worth having over. How far into your recovery are you? I started back doing dishes around 4 weeks post -op. I was really getting bored. I hope you really appreciate your husband and daughter because some of us didnt even get that much help. so just rest and let your husband and daughter pamper you. Best Wishes for your best recovery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Angry about......."We'll be there for you."

hi mouse.... I'm two weeks and two days.... I do appreciate them, and I also understand that I never knew the magnitude of this surgery before. I brought dinner over to a few people over the years, and that was about it.

My 16 year old makes me toast and brings me coffee every morning before she leaves. She is sweet. My 11 year old decorated my bed with a welcome home sign and some festive Scooby Doos. I know I have a lot for which to be thankful. I wish I could stop being so depressed.
Unread 12-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Angry about......."We'll be there for you"

Dear Carmen,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Angry about ...."We'll be there for you"

Dear Carmen,

Sorry about that last post I hit the wrong button. That is so sweet what your daughter and son did. the depresstion will get better. Just keep telling your self NO MORE PERIODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel great. The only signs I have to tell me I even has surgery is the scar. I really believe it is all in the way you look ant the sistuation. I have been wanting this surgery for about 5 or 6 years now. I was so happy when the docotr finally said ok. I had the surgery on my birthday. I finally got a birthday present I really wanted. It will get boring sitting around the house but at least your kids will keep you occupied. All I have is my husband and he isnt a sweet husband. My kids are grown and out of the house. So my 4 dogs kept me occupied while my husband was at work. I did have my son's girlfriend do some of my christmas shopping for me since I couldnt get out and shop. Like I said before just enjoy your family and get yourself well.
Unread 12-09-2004, 07:27 AM

I noticed something last night. I am 8 days post-op from an LSH. I have started to cook and do dishes. I am feeling pretty well except for some fatigue in the afternoons. However, last night when the cat's litterbox needed attending to, I mentioned it to DH who said, "Well, go ahead and take care of it". I quickly reminded him that I wasn't allowed to lift more than 5 lbs. His response was, "Still?" This is a man who had hernia and gallbladder surgery who was on lifting restrictions both times. He knows that my Dr. said prior to surgery that I would have to restrict lifting - at least I think he knows. This was right before surgery and he won't go with me to any Dr's appts. His response is, "I don't understand anything that they are talking about - you go and translate it for me." I printed out the For Men site for him before surgery. I guess I will just need to keep reminding him. Otherwise, he has been wonderful, but I think that my family is just expecting me to jump right back into things.
Ronda
Unread 12-09-2004, 07:50 AM
Angry about...We'll be there for you

Dear Ronda,
Before my surgery I had my DR type up a list of what I was and not allowed to do. Because knowing from past susrgerys my husband would't believe me when I told me what I wasnt allowed to do. So when he has it on paper from the doctor then he believed it more. My DH never went to any of om appointment either. Men just dont understand these things. My husband never understood why I wasnt allowed to sweep for 6 weeks. Even with it written in black and white he still thought that it was stupid. He would say what does sweeping have to do with your healing. My husband is a t reall a..h.. most of the time. Just tell him that you will remember how he treated you the next time he has to have surgery and be waited on. Men just dont appreciate us women. Hope you are felling better each day. Happy Holidays.
Unread 12-09-2004, 08:54 AM

Check out an old thread "what about those friends".... It is hard to be forgotten by some but I think this experience reveals to you the relationships that were weak or one sided. Now that the truth is revealed the choice is up to us. Will we settle for less anymore?
Unread 12-09-2004, 10:00 AM

Just wondering...is that the norm for them. If not, I can't blame you for your feelings. If it is then I would just be thankful you don't have small kids at home and just take it easy. Pamper yourself to the max. You deserve it after a hyst. Good luck in your healing process and try to stay positive it helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register