Night sweats, weight gain, acne, and increased breast size | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Night sweats, weight gain, acne, and increased breast size Night sweats, weight gain, acne, and increased breast size

Unread 12-08-2004, 03:07 PM
Night sweats, weight gain, acne, and increased breast size

I hope someone out there can relate to this. I am 3 months post op. I had a total Hyst but I still have both of my ovaries. I have gained 20 pounds since my surgery, I have night sweats,my face is all broken out, and my breasts have gone up 2 cup sizes. I called my OBGYN and they had me go for blood work. I got my results today and they said that my ovaries are working and that my hormone level is normal. I asked what do I do now? I am so depressed from all this. She wants me to wait it out another 4 months! Does any one else have these similar symptoms? I am so discouraged!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2004, 03:21 PM

i can relate. kept my overies, i haven't gained any weight but my face is so broken out little zits, big zits. tremendous zits. some night sweats, breasts are tender and feel heavy. now i can't pin point when i am cycling anymore .none of these symptoms come all at once -once a month - they are spread out all month long. i have not had my hormone levels checked out and probably won't until i get desparate.

jane321
Unread 12-08-2004, 03:25 PM

I read the title of your post and kept saying, yep, yep, yep, that's me.

I had my hyst. 4 1/2 months ago. I'm wondering if the hormone levels fluctuate wildly, or maybe although they're still at the same levels, our bodies aren't processing them the same way? Either way, I've been stuck with night sweats, hot flashes, AND a mini-period. I still can't figure it out. I haven't had the bloodwork yet, but it seems like something has to be wonky, right?

I'm wondering if this is a problem women who had hysterectomies because of fibroids experience more? I think in my research I read that the fibroids were homone-driven, so maybe they somehow contributed to how the hormones impacted our bodies? Hmmmmm???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2004, 03:37 PM

i am not even sure that i had fibroids at all. ultrasound said there were 3 relatively small ones, but ultimately my path report said severe adeno so those fibroids could have been large clusters of adeno. at my 4 week appointment i forgot to ask about the fibroids.

Jane321
SAH last july
Unread 12-08-2004, 07:27 PM

I had Endometriosis....this whole thing has to be hormonal. They say my hormone level is fine. I'm hoping that my body will adjust soon! I was hoping that after my hysterectomy that things would improve. Pelvic pain is gone but now all these new dilemmas!
Unread 12-08-2004, 10:14 PM

I'm 9 days post-op and sporting a huge zit the size of Texas right next to my nose. It is awful and scary looking.
Unread 12-08-2004, 10:24 PM

Yes, I'm 5 months out from a TAH (kept my ovaries too), and have gained weight, have body aches and pains, am still feeling tired a lot, have what we have decided MUST just be Rosacea now.... and I did the same thing... went to the doctor, they took about 7 vials of blood to test for "everything"... and all came back normal. I told her the SAME thing... that I am feeling like I'm depressed beacause of all of this, and she said to let her know if I start feeling like I want to do anything drastic. So, my doctor has basically blown me off cuz she doesn't know what to do.

*****, huh? I'm really feeling ugly inside and out these days and I am feeling depressed that there seems to be nothing I can do to fix it. I keep pushing myself to exercise more thinking it must just be the weight... and can't seem to feel well enough physically or mentally to do much of anything. I was SURE this had to be hormones, but the doctor said that came back fine too.

I feel for you sister!

Jwlz
Unread 12-08-2004, 10:33 PM

Thats exactly how I feel. I was told to wait it out for another 4 months. I felt blown off too. I just wanted to understand why if my hormones were fine and i did not recieve any answers. So I sit here confused, wondering when I'll be myself again.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register