Clear Discharge - Too Much Lubrication? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Clear Discharge - Too Much Lubrication? Clear Discharge - Too Much Lubrication?

Unread 12-08-2004, 04:48 PM
Clear Discharge - Too Much Lubrication?

Hello Ladies,

I was just reading about this Bacterial Vaginosis in this forum and had to post a question.

My surgery date was May 25, 2004, so I am just a little over 6 months out. I will provide a short background. I had a TAH/BSO and there were no complications. Within the first two months or so, I noticed that I had a clear discharge. (I had no discharge at all after the surgery). The clear discharge continued, so when I mentioned it to the OB/GYN, they had me come in. I had granulation and they did the silver nitrate, then went back again -since there was no change - and had the cryo (freeze). It seemed to help so he concluded that the granulation was gone. Since then, I have still had some clear discharge - not to quite the extent it was. The OB sent me to see a urologist to rule out a fistula. After numerous tests there, he said he couldn't find anything. The OB said he wanted to wait until I got to the 6 month mark before doing anything. So here I am at 6 months.

I hear all these women talk about being so dry and needing lubrication help and I am so NOT in that boat. Some days it feels like the discharge pours out (like a medium period) and other days it is light or almost non exsistent. There is no real color to it at all and I haven't noticed any definite odor. I keep thinking, can it have anything to do with too much/not enough estrogen? I do not believe it has anything to do with arousal because it happens at all times of the day. Not sure where to go from here. I am so tired of doctors saying that everything is 'normal' when it clearly isn't. It does not hurt, itch or burn. It is just very bothersome and I often don't feel clean or dry.

Can any of you shed some light on this for me? Does this sound like the bacterial vaginosis? Could it be just lubrication? I do not have any ovaries at all, not sure if that means anything? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am supposed to be making an appointment with the OB for Jan or Feb and I want to be armed with as much info as possible. Thank you all for being so supportive and sharing your knowledge with the rest of us. Thanks

Amy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2004, 06:18 PM

It could be just the hormones if you don't have an infection. Do you have a cervix?
At any rate, I have quite a bit of discharge now, and my dh asked me once "what's all that?" I said, "it's just discharge hon." I'm not really sure what to do about it. Since it doesn't hurt, I just make sure I wipe often and shower thoroughly daily.
My lubrication and skin seems strong and healthy for its functional purpose, so with that, I'm happy.
Unread 12-08-2004, 07:01 PM

No, I do not have a cervix and am sewn shut, vaginal cuff. That is why I can't figure out where the discharge would be coming from. Any ideas?

Thank You for your reply Floppsy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2004, 09:26 PM

I had huge amounts of discharge before my Hyst. Enough so that I needed to wear pads for it, so now I think that the little bit of discharge I have is nothing at all compared to my previous dealings.

I'm almost 2 years post, TAH, kept ovaries, no cervix. Sometimes I feel a little damp from a light clear discharge. Seems like most times I wipe there is something thick, clear, and discharge like present . Not dry at all here. I too, have read the posts on lubrication problems. I think I would prefer your problem to the latter one.

I have one problem since my surgery that isn't really a problem, but is unexpected. Sitting feels downright good to me and at times can be stimulating, if you know what I mean. I notice more discharge at the times I'm noticing this particular "problem" of mine. I often wonder how many other women experience this. Is it because of my surgery or just because I feel so good with no female problems?

Isn't it great to have a problem that isn't a really bad problem, just hard to explain? My life has changed so much. What a blessing! I hope your new life continues to be a blessing to you.
Hope I wasn't too graphic, but maybe someone else will read this and can relate and not feel like they are weird or something.
Unread 12-09-2004, 07:17 AM

Sherrie24 - You are right that I feel grateful for not being TOO dry. It definently has it's advantages when it's the 'right' time.

Just not so sure I like the fact that I feel wet on and off throughout the day. I was so looking forward to not having to wear pads and now there are lots of days when a light pad is necessary for keeping dry.

I can certainly live with it. I am not anxious to have any other surgery, if that's what it takes to fix it. But I am so naive about medical stuff - Is is possible for me to be leaking anything but lubrication if I am sewn shut? Could it still be granulation and that I am not completely healed this far out? I was just under the impression that if I was sewn shut that nothing could exit there. Any ideas?
Unread 12-09-2004, 10:29 PM

Having to wear pads again would not go over well with me either. Wearing pads 24/7 before my surgery caused half of my problems to begin with.

I do find times when I leak some kind of watery discharge, but it's not enough to need a pad for. There is always some type of gland secretions going on for me so it must come from somewhere normally. Sounds like you are a little over the normal boundary. I wish I could help you. I would definately look into it.

Medicine can do strange things to people. I had many different reactions to BC pills. My grandma could hardly function one time because of her meds. My castle roommate was having hallucinations one night because of her meds. Could be an unexpected direction to look at though.

Are you having intercourse often. I definately was with my new found freedom. I only ask because I leak and get wet enough to have to change panties sometimes for a day after even. I don't know where it stays, but all of a sudden it's coming out in a gush.

Just another thought for you.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register