Favorite Christmas 'thing' | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Favorite Christmas 'thing' Favorite Christmas 'thing'

Unread 12-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Favorite Christmas 'thing'

Hi Ladies,
What is the best part of Christmas, other than families getting together....I love to look at decorated Christmas trees!!

Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 09:54 AM

I love the Christmas trees as well, and you HAVE to have snow to make it Christmas-y.

My single favourite thing on the tree is an antique ornament that my Mom called "ish" when she was a toddler, and she would have been 82 this year. It's a very old fish decoration (a symbol of Christianity), and we also have the bubble lights on the tree like my grandma used to have. It's the whole nostalgia thing, the good times you remember from when you were a child.

Hope it's very happy for you. s
Unread 12-09-2004, 02:14 PM

I love listening to Christmas Carols and dancing with my 18 month old DS. This is a new tradition, but it's so much fun. We also put the carols on during lunch and dinner. He loves the music.

Driving around looking at all the houses decorated is fun too. Our town is having the annual holiday party and lighting of the trees in the town square this Tuesday night. Not sure if we're going to go because it's supposed to be in the 30's/20's and that might be too cold for DS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 04:29 PM

Of course I love the Christmas tree. All sparkling with the wonderful pine scent.

I'm a Christmas carol junkie. I was listening to them on thanksgiving day.

Every time we go somewhere we always enjoy the lights and decorations in peoples yards. When my sons were little we would Ooooo and ahhhhh every time we passed a decorated house.
Unread 12-09-2004, 05:30 PM

I'd have to say Christmas Eve mass with my family. The church just feels different because it's dark outside,and it's candlelit, and you can smell the incense and pine from the Christmas trees. It used to feel magical when I was a kid, and I guess I like to recapture that feeling!
Unread 12-09-2004, 05:51 PM

Driving around looking at the decorations is one of my favorite things, and watching the Christmas specials with the DS's, even though the youngest is 19 we watch all that we can together. Just watched Charlie Brown's Christmas.
Unread 12-09-2004, 05:58 PM

I love everything about Christmas. I love to turn on all of my Christmas lights in the house, light scented candles, turn on Christmas carols and sit by the fireplace drinking a Gingerbread latte from Starbucks (yum) and a gingerbread cookie. I love the looks on my boys faces on Christmas morning but most of all I love that Jesus was born to save me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori :candy:
Unread 12-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Favorite Things

The best things about Christmas? These past two have been the best. We adopted our daughter in November 2003 from Tula, Russia. There is nothing like seeing Christmas through the eyes of a little child to make the season exciting. She is almost 27 months old this year, and is really into Christmas. I love the excitement in her eyes when seeing Christmas lights and decorations. I love hearing her try to sing the two songs they are teaching her daycare class.. Jingle Bells and We wish you a merry Christmas. She only can sing a few words, but the actions are adorable!!
Unread 12-09-2004, 08:31 PM

This is my favorite time of the year! I love all the Christmas decorations and the lights (I swear I live on Candy Cane Lane ! Everyone in my new neighborhood goes all out here!) I love the smells of the fresh pine and peppermint candy! And Basked breads! And I love the fact that I get to wear those funny hats (headbands) all throughout the month! I have so many different ones - I wear a new one every day during the month of December - even on the weekends! (Today I wore Antler ears that light up! - too funny!)

CJ
Unread 12-09-2004, 08:46 PM

I love Christmas because it is the only time of the year I can get to see my entire family at one place, at one time. Even tho this time of the year is a hectic madhouse for me, it's all worth it when we all get together.

We have a navitity set that my Mom and Dad bought when they were first married. It's passed on every year to each household in my family and every year, the recipient does some sort of maintenance on the tattered stable. It's fun doing a little remodeling and a great way to honor my parents who are no longer with us.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register