insults from hubby!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

insults from hubby!! insults from hubby!!

Unread 12-09-2004, 01:49 PM
insults from hubby!!

As they say Kick him to the curb. NO ONE deserves that kind of treatment. My first husband was a piece of work like yours, I now am married to prince charming, he has been waiting on me hand and foot, not to mention what a great provider and step father. My point?? Their are carring men out there, life is too short, get well, and get rid of him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 01:59 PM
ABUSE

Hi Candy,
THAT IS NOT NICE AT ALL!!! And he knows it... I too have been subjected to such. What I think the deal is on people of that character is this. They are narcisstic.... Insecure. Get their jollies by belittleing others. They are their own worst enemies and it is EVERYBODY else's fault.. Oh mercy me... The crap we have to endure in life. Listen to me dear. Life is wayyy to short. I have plenty of scars.... Emotional ones are the worst. Your hubby has a low self esteem himself or else he would not find the need to knock you down so. He surely needs to clean up around his own back door. You cannot fix him dear. You cannot help him either. You can only help yourself. You deserve better.... I sure do hate it that he is kicking you while you are down.. What comes around goes around. Also, beware, if and when you ever decide to get out of this, his insecure emotional side will probably surface and he will try to play on your supposed sympathies. It is so sad. We are the strong ones.... You hold your chin up very high. Tune it all out if you can and focus on yourself.... You are a great person. I notice you said he had a hangover....Hmmmm. That is also a deamon in itself. Take care girl...Sunshine 48
Unread 12-09-2004, 02:01 PM
insults from hubby!!

Wow, sounds bad even from this distance! All that negativity isn't helping anyone. But just stay focused on yourself and getting better. You may want to have a talk to DH about your feelings and his response after you have gotten a little better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 02:09 PM
insults from hubby!!

i can only assume that he has always been verbally abuse to you? you deserve better/
Unread 12-09-2004, 02:25 PM
insults from hubby!!

Do you need some help in packing up his SANDBOX or TINKERTOYS??
Unread 12-09-2004, 02:38 PM
insults from hubby!!

Oh, sweetie....

I feel so bad for you. Any guy who would say that is -- well, the other sisters have put it better than I could. But he definitely has several rocks in his head.

Is there a friend or relative you can call to come over and help you some?

You already know what you need to do about "dh" (who is making my first dh look like a saint right now -- I had better watch out) -- just know that we're all here for you.
Unread 12-09-2004, 03:24 PM
insults from hubby!!

aww thanks all for those kind messages. i know ill be well rid of him when im fully recovered, im just biding my time now, and using him a shes used me for the past 7 years.yea he also is an alcoholic and despite me trying to help him through this is still drinking, but as you have all said there is noi excuse for this behaviour, he is literally kicking me while im down, and ill be showing him the door asap.
Unread 12-09-2004, 03:44 PM
insults from hubby!!

You go girl!

*punch*
Unread 12-10-2004, 05:31 AM
insults from hubby!!

Hi candypops;
I'm sorry you have to go through this now when you need to be healing!
Do you have AA in the UK? It is a program for alcoholics and their families.
You can go alone, you do not need him to go with you. You can't force an alcoholic to do anything, you have to hope someday they will wake up and get help. It is an awful disease!
In the US, verbal abuse it the same as physical abuse. My ex never hit me but he sure did keep his mouth busy telling me what I was and what I was not. It is no fun to feel badly of yourself.
I was finally able to get away from him with the help of the police and the support of a woman's shelter.
I never even realized until I got away how much he controlled my life! I wasn't even allowed to see my own family!
You know what I discovered? I discovered that I am a good person, nothing like what my ex told me I was!
One more thing, about your scar and his stupid comment. You look at your scar as something that you did to save your life! I have 3 now on my "franken belly". One saved my son's life, one gave me a second son and the last one saved MY life!

Take care of yourself. Heal first worry about everything else later!

Sybie
Unread 12-10-2004, 08:01 AM
insults from hubby!!

Quote:
Originally posted by rrp
Sounds like your hubby is trying to convince you that you are trapped with him so that you won't leave him high and dry. Don't believe a word he says. Then move on. And find the prince you deserve. Sounds like you just got stuck with a toad.
Ronda
That is what it sounds like to me too. Even though you know thatyou are getting rid of him after you heal, it has still got to be tough having to live with someone like that until you can end it.

For plane fare, I can come over there and kick his butt

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register