4 wks and i have pain ?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 wks and i have pain ?? 4 wks and i have pain ??

Unread 12-09-2004, 09:40 PM
4 wks and i have pain ??

It has been 4wks today since my TAH and i feel miserable.
I have written about my compications in several threads but just in case you never tire of them i am having massive blatter problems from incontinence to frequency and then theres the pain i feel a heavy cramping and pressure all day and way worse at night. then theres the sharp stabbing pains i feel out of the blue that make me huddle in a ball nomatter what i'm doing. Not to mention that i pray every day to never pee again because the pain is not worth it.

Also, last week i was feeling alright in abdomen area so sunday I got completely sick of looking at my filthy house and tired of trying to get everyone else to help that i got up and cleaned the whole 'tornado damage' and rearanged my daughters room while my DH was gone. I started noticing alot of pain but once i start something i do not quit till it is done and perfect. Then about 6hrs into cleaning right before my husband came home i got this huge CRAMP in my right side of incision brought me to the floor and i could'nt get myself off the hallway floor and the laundry basket i was carrying was all over me when my husband came home and found me that way almost unconcious from pain shock and crying
he just wigged out started yelling about my stubborness or something never seen him that mad!

Anyhow, ever since sunday if i get up and walk, sit or do anything for more than 15 min and i am back in bed all i feel is the vaginal cuff lots of pressure and cramping type feeling alot of pain when i get up or move wrong in right side of incision and now there is this huge swollen bulge above my entire incision but more and hard on right side.

I'm so mad at DR for not dealing with the blatter thing that i don't even want to talk to him and i hated the pain killers so much that i thru out the vicoden when i first got home and had him prescribe something lower the 15 of those ran out lst week at the 3 week point i hated those to but i'm allergic to nsaids ibprofin and asperin and at this point i would go for another epidural or even the dreaded demeral agian that is how much i am hurting.

I just thought i would be so much better by now and i don't know what to do about these complications please help with prayer or advice.

Don't most people feel better at least pain wise by now i actually have been slowly but noticably gwtting worse i DO NOT UNDERSTAND!

hkaci75
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 09:49 PM
4 wks and i have pain ??

Sweetie, you need to sit down, put your feet up, and take it easy. The reason you're having so much pain is that your body is trying to tell you to SLOW DOWN!!!! You're recovering from major surgery, you shouldn't be doing anything but taking short walks, drinking plenty of water, and resting. That's all! That, and NOTHING more!!

Please call your doctor or go to the ER. You need to be checked out to make sure you haven't injured yourself. And get some pain medication and take it. Your body heals much faster if it isn't having to deal with pain.

Take care of yourself, Princess. You only get one chance at a good recovery. A clean house is not nearly as important as your immediate and future health.

s,

Lisa
Unread 12-09-2004, 10:43 PM
4 wks and i have pain ??

Hi there hkaci75
I totally agree with Shashi!
You need to be doing nothing, except short walks, drinking lots of water, and layin' on that ol' couch! Especially not housework and carrying laundry baskets. If you saw my place at 4 weeks your hair would have probably stood on end.....mind you it's about 1/2 clean now, but I am 6 weeks and can do more.
You really need to be taking it easy. You only get one chance to recover properly.
Please take Shasi's advice and go to the ER and have all that pain checked out.
Hope to hear how you are doing again shortly, and please do take it easy!!
persiankatz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2004, 10:52 PM
4 wks and i have pain ??

PLEASE
go to the ER! There should NOT be cramps. This was made clear to me when I waited to long and had to be rushed into hospital ER in shock.
It could be that your bowel is cramping, but also you could have a haemotoma or infection. Do not mask it with painkillers. Seek help from someone you trust. Preferably go to a good ER department in a hospital with a good reputation. If there is an infection you will be put on an antibiotic drip immediately. Only a scan will tell.
Painkillers mask fever. Please go to ER. I repeat from my recent experiences, do NOT take the chance.
PK
Unread 12-09-2004, 11:00 PM
4 wks and i have pain ??

Dear HKaci75 = I don't know if this will make you feel any better, but I, too, feel worse than I did at the beginning. Although I'm not having bad bladder problems, the pain inside sounds alot like yours. I can't take vicodin or percoset and I've gone off darvocet because of the constipation. I'm now on Tramadol which really doesn't work very well. If I had to deal with a whole famiily, I don't know what I'd do. So I can understand if you are not in a calm environment you could go crazy, because the pain might seem worse. You should try to relax, read, walk a little outside (that seems to take the mind off the pain) Maybe the doctor can give you an anti-anxiety pill to help with keeping your mind at rest. After four weeks, I started having trouble sleeping, so I now have to take a sleeping to sleep. Yesterday I had a ct scan to see if anything was wrong. What happened to your bladder?
Unread 12-10-2004, 07:23 AM
4 wks and i have pain ??

Oh dear...prayers and my thoughts are with you. As usual, I agree with Shashi and her post to you! Let the house fall apart around you. I found that I needed to be very specific with the family about what they needed to do. Sure things aren't the same with Mrs. Clean, but doing too much will just make those adhesions grow and who knows what else can be damaged. Please consult with your MD ASAP. You sound like you need immediate medical attention. Take care sister.
Unread 12-10-2004, 07:28 AM
4 wks and i have pain ??

Add my name to the list of going to the ER. You should not be feeling like that and need to have that checked out
Also, (getting on my soapbox) You should not have done all that work that you did on Sunday. Carrying laundry basket, rearranging room all that cleaning---big no no.
The only thing you should be doing is resting,drinking fluids and resting somemore and taking short walks. That is it. Just like someone else said, If you could have seen my house, you would have run away...though my DH works 12 hrs a day...why not get your DH to help do the housework for you while you are recovering?
Please stop doing all of this work and get checked out now.
Let us know how you are doing.
Unread 12-10-2004, 11:09 PM
4 wks and i have pain ??

THANKS ALL YOU HYSTERANGELS

I know I need to go to ER it has just been crazy around here with DH in finals my oldest staring badketball and doing all the house work and my youngest daughter starting karate and then getting in trouble at school by biting people at schoo(lord help her). I cleaned on Sunday to hopefully avoid the stress from the weak before, alot a good that did so i learned my lesson in pain and in and in the matter that i can let go and if the house falls apart i'll just make them buy a new one. LOL.
Anyhow now my husband has been called to work this weekend all babysitters out of town so getting to er might not be easy but i'll get there tomorrow, today the pain pressure cramping was a little worse just noticible and something new burning i just wanted to know if anyone has been thru this before or if it was my fault. I guess i did this myself but my friend said she went back to work after 2 wks full time so i thought i could handle a day of house keeping i should have known after all the terrific advice i have recieved from my hystersiters.

Thanks so much this is the first time i have ever had a surgery 9and there has been alot of them) that i didn't feel the lonliness of having only the DR to talk to and at least in my case surgeaons never listen much to you just to themselves.

Again thank you all my prayers are with you and i promise to stay in bed!!!!

hkaci
Unread 12-10-2004, 11:30 PM
4 wks and i have pain ??

Hi there hkaci!
Yes, the burning sore stomach definitely happens when one over does it! Please do take it easy before you really hurt yourself.
Just because one person can go back to work in 2 weeks definitely does not mean that you will heal just as fast. As you can see on this forum most of us are alot longer than 2 weeks healing.....gheesh....it took me 6 weeks before I starting to really feel alot better, and lots of other ladies also.
Your body is trying to tell you to take it easy,.....please listen to it.
Hope you have a nice restful weekend, well as much as you can, and please do try to get to the ER also.
My tummy would also burn really bad and swell too whenever I had overdone it.
Actually, my tummy is a bit swollen tonite and also burning.....been out Christmas shopping for hours....Midnite Madness sales everywhere here
Well, I'm off to bed for some rest now.
Pls take it easy as you can
Take care!
persiankatz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register