Can't fit any pants!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't fit any pants!!! Can't fit any pants!!!

Unread 12-10-2004, 03:23 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

It really is starting to bug me now. I thought the swelly belly thing seemed to have gone down. I am 4 weeks post op and I still can't wear any of my zippered jeans. I only own two pairs of elastic jeans that are loose enough to fit me.

I feel like such a bum going out in sweat pants to x-mas shop. Now if I am out alone I don't mind but my husband takes me out and I feel like I should be dressed up a bit more for the event. (of him shopping ha ha)

Maybe I am just gaining more since I really can't do yet.
Not that I was a big advocate for exercise in the first place but just finished up MY softball season in October. The doc said I can walk but not to do situps just yet. I'd hate to go out and buy new jeans for the next month or so. I am so glad I don't work for another month!! I wouldn't be able to wear any of my pants!!! I didn't buy anything for the fall since I knew I would be out of work during most of it!!

Just feel like a :snort: sometimes!! I know I eat like I am still very active. And x-mas cookies are my favorite things!!!

Katrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2004, 03:31 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

Hi Katrina,

I'm 4 weeks post op and haven't even attempted jeans or tight clothing. I find skirts more comfy and loose around the middle. I think if I tried tight trousers i'd faint. Take it easy, it's not worth squishing yourself into clothes that aren't comfortable and I'm sure we will be back in jeans real soon.

Kayla xxx
Unread 12-10-2004, 05:53 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

Hi Ladies,

Pants! I actually began to "like" jumpers! I felt like a schoolgirl!!!
I don't have too much encouragement for ya! THat swelly belly can hang around quite awhile! I went to consignment shops and got some roomy pants...CHEAP! Then when I'm "normal" again...I don't feel so bad tossing these out! They served theiir purpose and I'm glad to see the elastic waists GO!
It really, really does get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

I am 13 weeks post op this week and just today wore a pair of my regular jeans to work. It takes quite a while, and I know its discouraging believe me. Don't try to stuff yourself into jeans that are still to tight, I did that one Saturday a month ago. Went to a play with my friends and then to a birthday party at night so I wore those jeans all day and night. Boy did I pay for it the next day. I complained to my husband for weeks that I would "never be the same". I went back to the gym regularly just a few weeks ago and am finally starting to feel myself. It will get better, it just takes time. Be sure to still get as much rest as you can and that helps with the swelly belly. By next summer we'll all be feeling and looking fabulous! Hang in there.

TAH 9/7/04 kept ovaries
Unread 12-10-2004, 05:59 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

Yeah, I'm starting to think I'll never get to wear jeans again--or even regular slacks! In fact, I'm really liking the yoga-style pants I've been wearing! Kinda scary, huh?
Unread 12-11-2004, 03:46 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

Thanks Personality with that info on shopping for cheap stuff until then. I really didn't want to spend even $15 on a pair of Wal~Mart stretch pants. But they do have $8 ones, I call them the old ladies jeans, at least they have pockets! But right before x-mas I don't really want to spend more money on me right now!!

Thanks for the support.

Katrina
Unread 12-11-2004, 06:55 PM
Can't fit any pants!!!

I spent a couple hours yesterday looking on the internet for some overalls. They don't seem to be in season, as I can't seem to find any in the stores. I went thru Amazon.com and looked under apparel for "overalls." To me it's like wearing real pants again instead of my jammies or sweat pants. Tummy feels so uncomfortable with anything touching the belly button area. (sigh) I miss "real" pants But the swelly belly says "uh-uh, not yet." I'm looking forward to a pair of overalls, even though, I too am tired of buying for me just before Christmas.
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:25 AM
I found nice looking sweats at Target

I am having the same problem. I live in my jeans, but alas, I cannot wear them since november 8. I did find some really nice sweats at Target. They were black with pink stripes down the side, (which are nice and slimming!) I found some sweat jackets to match. Most were on sale, some where even 50% off! It's a drag when you can't wear what you want, but I suppose patience is the key. Well, it is for me anyway.lol!!
Trinkit
Unread 12-15-2004, 10:43 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

I also had no pants that I could wear besides 2 pairs of sweat pants and my PJs. But no more...because I found some pants at Wal-Mart for $9 (elastic waist). They are even decent enough that I can wear them to work when I go back to teaching in January. It made me feel better just knowing that I have some clothes that I can wear out in public. Silly, huh?

Kim
Unread 12-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Can't fit any pants!!!

That all sounds familar to me. I am living in sweats and yoga pants (those are the best). I tried to put my jeans on the other day and it lasted about 15 min untill I couldnt stand it anymore. I guess it will get better in time. I am lucky that when I do go back to work it is scrubs for me so at least that will not be too bad. I feel the same way about going out in public but if someone dosent like it they dont have to look at me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register