Can't fit any pants!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't fit any pants!!! Can't fit any pants!!!

Unread 12-15-2004, 08:28 PM
Can't fit any pants!!!

I'm at 6 1/2 weeks and I am really starting to get discouraged about the belly. I did go out today and found a nice pair of black stretch slacks at TJ Maxx. They cost more than I wanted to spent $30. but I'll use them for all the holiday parties and work. Believe it or not they're actually very flattering and they're machine washable. Anything else that was in my closet had something that embarrassed me or had to be hidden, these (if I don't check the size on the tag) actually make me feel attractive - and that's worth $30 any time! Especially if I have to wear them for the next couple of months. It really is good to know I'm not alone - and that there is help! Thanks. E.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

I am about 3 weeks post op and my belly is HUGE. No way could I fit into my regular pants. I have not gained weight because I have been to the doctor one time and I was actually 8 pounds lighter than before surgery...it's just pure swelling...no weight gain. For dressing up, I recommend some lovely, flowing elastic dress pants. I have two nice pairs...one black velvet pair that I plan to wear for Christmas and another black flowing pair. They look great (they are not '90s stretch pants or sweats) and you would not know that they are elastic. I plan to wear either a nice sweater or lovely velvet top over them. One of my friends said that her belly was at least kind of swollen for a few months after surgery. : / So, you just have to plan for the worst and hope for the best. I hear your frustration...I have the same ones.

God bless.
Unread 12-17-2004, 04:06 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

The worst thing that happened to me this week is that my youngest had her choir concert at school Wednesday night and I had nothing to wear!!! I wore my charcoal grey sweat pants. She even said, "Gee mom could you at least wore some jeans? Sweat pants are not very dressed up like!" Like she doesn't wear sweat suits out!! But I know what she means, I believe sweats are for home and a quick errand to the grocery store for milk in the a.m. not going out in "public" in.

I have 5 girls, they all have chores around the house. It just seems that we have the wrong one doing laundry! I only have 2 elastic jeans that fit, when I wore them over 3 times they need to be washed! My big pants that are tan and comfy, been waiting to be washed since Thanksgiving!!! Now we do rotate chores every 2 weeks so it's not just the one kids fault. I know I am so lazy that I don't do laundry but there is too much for me to do. When I am fit I would ache doing more than 3 loads a day carrying up the baskets!! After I had bad back issues a year and a half ago I don't do laundry. That was part of my dilemma back then!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2004, 07:02 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

Here they wear their jammie bottoms every where so for a few outings I wore mine. I was cooooolllllll, for a bit. I am fairly lucky as I bought some jeans and my stomach is fat enough, I can put it wherever I want it!! If I had a bra big enough it would probably stretch all the way up there!! It is not a pretty sight for me to be in jeans, but too bad, so sad. Since my surgery, I have an overhang that the front seam cuts in half and somehow doubles the size of my gut, and it then hangs down my legs....I dont see it leaving, just getting smaller....I could probably find a hair elastic and tie it up!!

Oh man, I hate this gut now.

Bunny, I was going downstairs, doing the laundry and then just leaving it in baskets. It might be overwhelming for the kids. I made DS take it down, and tried to get him to do it, but it would take a week to get from the washer to the dryer...ICK!! So I would wash, dry and put in baskets. Then nag him to bring them up. It worked better so you might be able to do that. Just dont haul a huge load of wet clothes from the washer to the dryer. Do it a couple items at a time. And buy 3 or 4 laundry baskets.

Hugs
Kat
Unread 12-17-2004, 07:23 AM
Can't fit any pants!!!

Hey Y'all.

I am now 3 weeks post laparoscopic BSO. I used to wear OLD NAVY overalls for years when my gyn problems first started. Everyone knows me as the "girl in overalls". Well, after my surgery this time I thought, Hey I'll go to old navy and just get overalls. Man o Man..no such luck. They don't seem to make them anymore or something. Old Navy was best because they were shaped like regular old fashioned overalls and yet they were trendy looking.. I have one pair of stretch levi's jeans. IT's awful having to wear them everyday**over and over. I feel for most of y'all having the TAH because I know how swollen i am and would probably be worse if they'd really cut on me. I"m assuming. My stomach is still swollen and jeans just kill me. I have an infection in an incision site probably due to wearing jeans and it is right where the waistline hits me on my pants. I can't wait to get home each day and immediately walk in to take off the pants. It's the best part of my day now that i'm back to work again. (and killing myself working so hard during this crazy season.) I have truly considered going to work (i'm a hair designer) in my kitty pajamas. ha ha wouldn't that be cute? I think my stomach has gone down a bit but still not enough to wear clothing that feels right. :/
Best of luck to everyone.
xoxo

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register