3 weekers | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-10-2004, 01:02 PM
3 weekers

I am just wondering how other 3 weekers are feeling ?

i am three weeks but am having a great deal of lower back pain. I also get tired very easily. I find by about 2 in the afternoon i am lying on the couch to try to reenergize. other then these two issues i feel great I am having very little abdominal pain.
DH feels that i am doing to much in the house but i feel like I am doing very little . its very frustrating. I really feel ok I feel i could go back to work. DH would kill me and my boss called this week to see how I am feelling and she squaushed any thoughts about going back to work before 6 weeks said take 8 if needed (she had a tah and went back at 6 and it was to early she over did it put her recovery back)
thanks for all the posts on this board its been great reading
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2004, 01:42 PM
3 weekers

Hi silverlyn

I'll be three weeks on the 22nd, where did that time go. Oh yeh I know, passed while i've been sleeping and resting......

The last few days I have started to feel better, my neighbour even commented yesterday that my walk was looking a lot better! I've had a couple of days where I havent even had my nanna nap...but then they are followed by a day where I feel all I could do was sleep. Yesterday was like that, and my belly was swollen worse than ever and I was oh so tired........looking forwad to having days in a row where I feel good!!
Unread 12-10-2004, 02:05 PM
3 weekers

3 weeks later and no hormones so far. Feeling better all of the time. Had good energy Monday to Wed., I feel a bit tired having done probably more than I should have. Had some spotting on a new pair of panties, kinda made me nervous, but I 'm not to worry yet. Hyter sisters have given much to go on , so I just keep on going. Three weeks down and three to go!!! We can do it!!!
Bye for now, Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2004, 02:26 PM
3 weekers

Sounds like we are recovering about the same. My low back hurts a lot if I do the dishes or a lot of walking, like for Christmas shopping. Sneezing and coughing is still uncomfortable. And I do need my daily naps, sometimes in the morning but mostly a 2 pm nap each afternoon I would like to see Swelly Belly go away. I miss my jeans. Going back to work is on my mind also. I miss my co-workers but yet I don't feel ready to head back into my normal routine. I'll be happy to get my Christmas shopping done BEFORE Christmas To all my hyster sisters, you've been great getting me through recovery and keeping me from going stir crazy! This site is better than the Ibuprofen I gave up three days ago!! Yeah!!
Unread 12-10-2004, 02:35 PM
3 weekers

I guess I am doing o.k. I feel like I should be feeling better at 3 weeks though. I went shopping at the mall today. Only for two hours or so. My back starting hurting and got a little light headed while I was standing in line. When I got home I urinated and when I wiped I had bright red blood. I have had very little spotting even up to this point and even the spotting is old dark blood. I am kind of concerned about it. I was carrying some packages around the mall which is something I haven't tried yet. Maybe that is why. Possible tore a stitch or something. Who knows. Wish there was a window in my abdomen so I could see what is going on. I get tired pretty quickly also and I know I could not deal with work yet. I am a secretary at a middle school and I am always soooo busy!! Plus I don't want to be around all of those little germy kids!! Miss them like crazy though. Thanks for listening. Lori
Unread 12-10-2004, 02:39 PM
3 weekers

Hi Marcie,
I really do enjoy this site and comparing notes with everyone. A true comfort in what is going on with our bodies after surgery. What a feeling it is to walk normal again and not hurt getting in and out of the car even if I am not the driver. I have noticed more energy and not as much sleep needed, however the last two days I did nap. Jeans, well the lower cut strecth work okay if I have too, but my jammie pants make my tummy much more happy!! At the 2 week check up wore jeans for the first time and shirt out. After the doc got done checking the tummy, I sat up zipped jeans and then while in discomfort told him "it isn't like you haven't seen it already and I unzipped my pants" what a better feeling. We are on the ride road!! One day at a time.
Wearing jeans now,
Karen
Unread 12-10-2004, 02:47 PM
3 weekers

Hi Lori,
I had a little spotting today and that hadn't happened before. Susan from Texas " hyster sister" is also spotting red blood. Office told her wait till 6 weeks, check then. Sometimes you don't if to worry or not. This site works wonders. Thanks
Karen
Unread 12-11-2004, 08:08 AM
3 weekers

Three weeks and three days down. Usually have been feeling better every day, but boy can I tell when I've overdone it. Personal guilt about going back to work is eating at me, but I went in for about 3 hours last week and paid for it dearly that night. Company Christmas party is tonight, not sure I'm up for it, but hate to miss it. I guess I thought I was superwoman and would be 'normal' by now, but alas, I am a mere mortal and must take my time healing. Boss is VERY understanding and not pressuring me at all to return, so that is great.
Take care all. Happy Holidays!
Kathy R.
Unread 12-11-2004, 01:42 PM
3 weekers

Hi Kathy,
We had surgery on the same day and I am in full agreement . Over due it and one does pays. I went in yesterday and visited with my boss. He said see ya in mid or late Jan.. Works for me since my job is alot of pulling, lifting, pushing. Everyday is better and I am so happy to not have had anymore migraines. One happy camper here in California even though it is foggy today.
Karen
Unread 12-11-2004, 07:46 PM
3 weekers

Happy to be hitting the 3-week mark...
It is amazing how quickly it goes by!

Also feeling pretty good - some quick pulling/hurting feelings come & go in ab, but only occasional motrin. & belly starts off the morning pretty good, but swelly-izes as the day progresses.
I'm running out of gas by late aftn & some days end up napping, but the tiredness is a lot better!

Had such a nice afternoon today at a holiday party for a couple hours. Came home & NAPPED, but it was so nice to go!
Tomorrow is DS's confirmation at church - I'm a little apprehensive about the wooden pews for all that time sitting, but at least it's at week 3 and not week 1 !!!

Happy Continued Healing everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register