"All I want for Xmas is a flat belly" - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

"All I want for Xmas is a flat belly" "All I want for Xmas is a flat belly"

Unread 12-12-2004, 07:28 AM
"All I want for Xmas is a flat belly"

Hi Ladies,
I had a flat stomach for maybe three months when I was young and 20 lbs underweight. I have a theory about this....I do not ever want a flat belly, and now since the surgery I wont ever have to worry. I know many many women out there look good, and want to look good. I have found that being 'fat' is my thing, and that if I can lose and be healthy and fit, I am happy. Hubby doesnt care, even thought he is always teasing me about the skinny chicks.... I can do anything they can do, except fit into a size 2...or 4....

I hope that those of you who long for a flat belly get your wish for christmas. I just wanted you to know that it is not as important as being loved, loving with all youve got, and being a good person.....

Hugs
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2004, 08:55 AM

Well said, Kat!!!!
Unread 12-12-2004, 08:56 AM
PANTS

Hi Histers
What's all this Grannie Pant talk about - surely they are all the rage this Christmas - I prefer to call them my Bridget Jones' . Nothing else will do but all the same I am making the most of mine! Disappointed not being able to wear Jeans yet.... (the hipster kind with thong!) . Have lost weight but I have a haematoma (brick sewn in place of womb!!). Also can't wait to get back to work 4/1/05 so I can start saving some money - not spending spending spending!!
Fozzxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2004, 12:20 PM

It doesn't sound promising...18 months and still that nasty swelly belly, huh? Well, I have done really good this week on eating healthy and power walking. That definately is good for my head. That is another thing that is so hard for me...how I feel mentally. I snap at my kids, my husband...etc. No one understands...I feel very isolated. I don't talk to any of my friends I had pre-op. None of them bothered to see how I was...they told me in fact that oh, lots of women have hysterectomy's....what's the big deal. Even one of them told me she had one ovary removed years ago and felt nothing...Hmmmmm? One ovary, please....I've had it ALL removed!

Okay, I am ranting sorry. I am feeling so overwhelmed. Trying to figure the HRT out, trying to not cry at every little thing...trying to be ME. Thanks for letting me vent. This board is really something I look forward to daily.
Les
Unread 12-12-2004, 12:51 PM

I'm sorry, Les, about your friends. The ones I related to the most post-op were the women who had this surgery before. This site was a God-send to me....it made me realize that I was not alone or wierd in the way I was feeling. I'm very thankful for this site! We're hear for you, girlfriend.

Grannie Panties ROCK!!! So do elastic waistbands!!! Now, if we could just get sweatpants to be accepted at the work place.....
Unread 12-12-2004, 03:19 PM

Jeans? What jeans? It's been so long (at least it seems like it) I forgot what jeans feel like. I'm all for the sweat pants/PJ pants at the office. Life would be so sweet!
Take care all.
Kathy R.
Unread 12-12-2004, 05:09 PM

Hi, Lisa. Thanks for your kind words! Really, this site has become my daily inspiration...my daily friend. I feel like I can't relate to these women who look at me like Oh, Les it's no big deal...now GET OVER IT!

I have been able to wear my jeans thank goodness. Granted not the ones I'd like but they are jeans! Still jammie pants are THE BEST. I wore them lots pre-op, too!

Talk to you all later.
Les

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register