Pre apology for this... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre apology for this... Pre apology for this...

Unread 12-11-2004, 09:20 PM
Pre apology for this...

Ok, I am trying to word this in a way that isn't gross or offensive so here goes...
Alot of you have said to take mirrors and look down "there" to see the stitches. Well, I had some strange red bleeding this afternoon so I decided to tuck myself in the bathroom and have a look. I didn't see any stitches but what I did see shocked me and I hope this is normal. It looks like, for lack of a better comparison, someone rolled a boulder in front of a cave door! I had my cervix removed during my TAH but it looks like everything that used to be up is now down and at the vaginal opening! Am I making any sense? It almost looks completely closed off! What in the world is that and how come I don't see any stitches like everyone else does?
Sorry for the visual picture you all must have by now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2004, 09:32 PM
Pre apology for this...

Hi,

It could be that there is still a lot of swelling in the vaginal area, which would give that "blocked off" appearance. However, you may want to check with your doctor, just to put your mind at ease.

By the way, I never saw any stitches either.

s,

Lisa
Unread 12-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Pre apology for this...

Oh my gosh Peanut. SAME HERE. Scared me to death. I did the exact thing. I had some bleeding yesterday that I have not had before, heard about people looking at stitches. Thought I would look to see if one of my stitches was bleeding. Instead I see nothing but a big ball of pinkish flesh in the way. Scared the begebies out of me. I am glad the same for you. I thought, how am I going to call my doctor and tell her I was looking at myself in a mirror and wondered if it was normal. Hmmmmm. Lori

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2004, 09:48 PM
Pre apology for this...

I'm not lookin.............but I don't think I have stitches there. Shouldn't the cuff ( top of the vagina ) be further away? Guess that's your point. And now Lori sees the same thing too??

You girls shouldn't have looked!!
Unread 12-11-2004, 10:01 PM
Pre apology for this...

Lori...I am SO glad to hear I'm not seeing things or going nuts. You described it perfectly...a big ball of pink flesh right at the opening! I don't see how anything could EVER get in there again! I'm embarrassed too about calling my Dr Monday and telling her I was looking down there with a mirror but I don't want to wait 2 more weeks for my 6 week check up for answers!
Unread 12-11-2004, 10:16 PM
Pre apology for this...

Peanut,

I know I feel the same way but I am calling Monday also. Let me know what you find out!!
Unread 12-12-2004, 03:46 AM
Pre apology for this...

I haven't looked yet, but I'd have thought stitches would be way too high to see. I assumed all would look and feel normal 'down there' Let us know what the doc says.
Kate

TAH 12-2-2004 due to fibroids and enlarged uterus
Unread 12-12-2004, 08:55 AM
Pre apology for this...

Don't be scared of telling doc you were looking in a mirror - I asked mine for a mirror at the hospital!!!!!

Ok so I wanted to see in my wound but same principle.

I think every woman should tuck herself away with a mirror at least once in a while, else how do you know what is "normal"?

I first be-friended the mirror at about 13years old

Congrats to all those who have taken the mirror step - its a fascinating world "down there". besides little boys are always looking at their's
Unread 12-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Pre apology for this...

Even more wierd than me looking, I had my DH look. Probably more information that you all wanted to know huh? He said, Hmmm, It didn't use to look like that but maybe your insides are just really swollen from the trauma of the surgery. He is so silly, he said "still looks really good to me" Hee Hee. I love him so much, he is the greatest. Lori
Unread 12-12-2004, 05:45 PM
Pre apology for this...

hi
It is ok to look with a mirror. If something doesn't feel right, how else would you know if something may be wrong. especially if you can't get to the dr. right away.
I felt a bulge down there so I wondered what the heck it was. ( I was 6 months post op then) I got out my mirror and looked. I called my dr. and talked to his asst.(Vicky). she said for me to come in the next morning. I did and he did a internal. He diagnosed me with a rectocele. I knew I wasn't imagining things. It looks like a pinkish ball at the bottom of the vagina at the opening.
If it wasn't for me looking and going to the dr. I never would have known that this problem was for real. I am now taking the steps needed to get it corrected.
My dr. didn't question me at all for looking. After all it is our bodies!
Good luck. Please call your dr. to ease your mind and find your answers.
Peggy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register