I want a new kitten!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Pet Passions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I want a new kitten!!! I want a new kitten!!!

Unread 12-21-2004, 08:38 AM
I want a new kitten!!!

bunny-nose

i had a dream last night that my black cat (male) had a litter of 5 all black kittens. funny thing is i still remember this dream.

i too want another black cat because they are just so special. and mine has decided that he only want love on his terms!

i wonder what it all means?

jane321
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-23-2004, 10:23 PM
I want a new kitten!!!

Bunny-nose, I'm with you on wanting another kitten.

I got Mab two years ago to be a companion to my older Moonlight. Then he suddenly got very sick last year and had to be put down. I decided to get a new kitten this past June to be a companion to Mab, and even planned a week off from work to check out the shelter and give it some bonding time. Well, as fate would have it, I ended up with a CAT-scan instead of a kitten (and let me tell you, a CAT-scan isn't cuddly!) I ended up with surgery, and by the time my insurance co-pay was taken care of, I decided I'd better wait until my raise came through and then I could afford shots for Mab, and a new kitten.

Well now my Landlady has told me she is planning on selling her property in two years, and again, a new delimma. I doubt I can afford to buy my place as it's a duplex, but if I can't afford a house, I may have to get stuck with still renting, but I'm concerned I may be uanble to find a place that would let me have two pets, at least without putting me into debt with a pet deposit. I hate to worry about something so far off in the future, but I don't want to get a pet only to have to give it up. I just couldn't do that to my furry children. I'd rather live on the street than give up Mab. (She however would probably give me up rather than live on the street with me!)

Marta
Unread 12-23-2004, 10:56 PM
I want a new kitten!!!

I know that wanting this kitten is a lot like having a new baby. I don't want to have another one of those since I already have 5 daughters, the oldest 14 and youngest 8. So I am busy yes, but I think it's the replacement of not having more children. Not that I want more but my SIL's are still having more. One is presently PG with her 5th and my other one has had 5 herself. The youngest of them only has 1 but trying for more. They constantly ask me don't I miss having a baby around? Don't I want another. Well now I have been "fixed" myself for 8 years and figured after having 4 and raising my niece I don't want anymore children.

I realize it's like another child and I do want another cat. At least they don't beg for sleepovers, money, soon the car!!

No yet. I have no idea what my husband has in store for me. Most of the girls know and said I will cry when I see my present. I will cry if he gets me a kitty that is for sure...Tears of joy!

Thanks for you all keeping your fingers crossed!! If not for x-mas I will beg for next monday instead!!

Katrina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2004, 02:21 AM
I want a new kitten!!!

Well its now Christmas Eve not long to wait to find out what you are going to get, listen out for muffled meows.

Now what would be fun is if they present you with a new cat food dish and a cat nip toy, so that even if they have not picked up the kitten yet you will know what you are getting.

Even my cats have their paws crossed for you. Good Luck.
Unread 12-24-2004, 09:41 AM
I want a new kitten!!!

Let us know as soon as you have time. I hope you get a feline infant!

Marta
Unread 12-27-2004, 01:47 PM
I want a new kitten!!!

On Sunday morning my husband came home from work with a kitten. He is 4 months old and has a major mean streak! He is a long haired black cat with neat white markings, feet, stomach, chest and on his nose. He is very pretty but EVIL!!! I told my husband didn't you cuddle before taking it home from the humane society? Well, they wouldn't let him adopt last week without me or my 8 year old present to pick it out. He wanted it to be a surprise so he found a friend at work that needed a home for his kitten instead. Moving and can't have it. He is very playful but growls, hisses, scratches and bites something awful.

You should see my war wounds from him!! I did trim his nails but he bites harder!! Haven't thought of a name yet. The first instinct was to call him Lucifer (Cinderella) or Desi (Casper Meets Wendy...George Hamilton's character Desmond Spellman, evil warlock). Lucifer is such a harsh name for a kitten, he might just warm up to us and not really match that name!! I have thought up many but with 5 daughter's they want to help too.

Names so far:
Jinx
Brody
Q-Bert (you should see him bounce sideways it's funny!)
*Sox
Lucifer
Desi (too much sounding like a girl's name per kids)
Loco

*We already have a long haired white/champagne colored 3 year old male cat named Whitey. If we name the new kitten Sox then I will have Whitey/Sox...I am from Chicago my favorite baseball team is the White Sox but I am disappointed with them since they got rid of my 2 favorite players...Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Lee!!

Any suggestions ladies??? My aunt said it took her 2 weeks to name her kittens Butch & Sundance (over 18 years ago). She suggested Mittens. My oldest daughter said Boots like the Dora Explorer tv show. Not really looking for an "animal" name either.
Help!!!

Thanks to all that had their fingers/paws crossed for me to get my new kitty for x-mas. My husband literally picked the kitten back up at 3pm on Sunday and said I wanted a nicer cat and was going to bring it back to its owner. I felt awful! I do want a cuddlier kitten but the new kitty needs love too! The family is half torn on the idea of returning him to his owners and us going to the shelter for a friendlier feline. The only way I can hold him is if I bundle him in a blanket and hold him like a baby, caress his face until he falls asleep. He stopped hissing and growling now but if anyone else tries to hold or touch him he goes crazy!
Unread 12-27-2004, 04:55 PM
I want a new kitten!!!

Be carefull what you wish for
I did this and ended up with a cat just like him, but I'm the only one who can cuddle her, everyone else gets 'The Treatment'

Give him time, all this is as new to him as it is to you.
He may have been over teased and not handled or petted much at his old home, (and there is no knowing what a cat will be like once you get it home from the shelter anyway as you already have animals) He has not interacted with other cats in a long time (by a cats way of thinking of time) and all those children ... its enough to un-nerve even me

As for a name, wait a while and see his true caracter will come out in a few days.

I told you you would get a kitten, ok he seems like a little demon at the moment, but he sounds as if he could be a bit of a trickster ... like Loki (Norse God)

Be patient and don't be hasty to send him back, he migth not get as good a second chance as you could give him.
Unread 12-27-2004, 09:28 PM
I want a new kitten!!!

How about "Darth Vader" for a name?

Actually. that name Loki sounded pretty cute!

My Moonlight was pretty much a fiend when I first got him, not a cuddler. I made the mistake of trying to punish him for biting. At last I relized he just played rough, and when I would scratch his chin instead of retaliating, he would have to stop biting and lick me instead. Sometimes, I would just fist up my fingers and let him go at my knuckles, or wear a long-sleeved shirt and let him wrestle with my arm. In time he would get frustrated if I didn't have long sleeves for him to grip and would go for my leg or stalk off.

You might try a stuffed sock, and whenever the feline child starts to act up, just thrust his sock in his face for him to chew on. I also did this for Moonlight and it became his wrestling buddy instead of my flesh.

Good luck, sounds like the little guy needs patience and stability.

Marta
Unread 12-28-2004, 05:07 AM
I want a new kitten!!!

Thanks Tanis for the words of encouragement. I do like that Loki name too. Since we are a mixed family...mexican/white I have been looking up the english/spanish dictionary for names that are unique. Temeroso is the latest...means scary. We watched haunted stories on TLC Sunday and the cat seemed to jump on the couch right at the perfect time to scare us!!! Spooky was another suggestion from my DD but that was one of my aunt's old cat's when I was a child. It's like we cannot name it another cat's name like a child!!As we speak my 8 year old DD is looking for him. I assume he is in the upstairs since Whitey is in my oldest DD's room downstairs. Whitey rarely sleeps in this room but in another room upstairs!!

Thanks Marta for the wrestling buddy idea. My cat, Tuffy, I had when I was growing up (got him when I was 4 for x-mas) wasn't a cuddler but a rough house like this one. We used to give him catnip in socks and let him attack those!!
Unread 12-28-2004, 05:32 AM
I want a new kitten!!!

I like Moonmab's idea of a sock toy, we used something similar with a couple of our cats (I have had 9 cats in my life and my DH has had 15, thats quite a few cats over the years)

I have also used a furry glove (rabbit fur) as this moves with your hand in it and they can attack it but don't associate it with your hand, so that kind of toy can work well.

Don't forget he is at the age where he would be fight/playing with siblings, you are the next best thing.
For one of our cats we had a small stuffed toy wolf just a bit bigger than him, that we used (while we were waiting to get another kitten to keep him company)
My DH was great at sitting on the floor and using this toy to stalk and attack the kitten who responded in the play/attack mode (even to back kicking the stuffing out of the toy )

Try different things and see what works best for the Kitten, it will help reduce the war wounds too.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register