7 months and SEVERE sudden pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

7 months and SEVERE sudden pain 7 months and SEVERE sudden pain

Unread 12-13-2004, 12:22 PM
7 months and SEVERE sudden pain

I had my hyster May 24th this year. Everything has been I guess normal. I feel like I may have a few hormone issues, but dr's just want to put me on depression meds until things work themselves out. Not too thrilled about that, and I'm not taking the wellbrutrin they prescribed.

Anyway, this weekend I had a sudden SEVERE pain in my lower stomach. Just above my csection scar from pelvic bone to pelvic bone. The worst being on my right side. For the past couple of weeks, I've been hurting under my right rib with bad indigestion from time to time, but nothing like this. The pain I had this weekend, doubled me over and made me feel sick for about 1.5 hours.

Anyone experienced this or know what it could be? A coworker keeps saying the upper pain could be gallbladdar, but not sure that that lower pain is. It felt like everything was coming out when I stood up. It was bad. I called my gyn and they said it didn't sound gyenocyligical (sp?). Ok, then what else could it be?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2004, 12:49 PM

Please go see your general doctor. Gallbladder pain may be felt all over, not just under rib. Appendix is also on right side. Any nausea?
Unread 12-13-2004, 02:30 PM

I totally agree with susie. Gallbladder pain can be felt other places, or in other words, radiate to other places. With the nausea accompanying the pain, that is what it sounds like to me with the indigestion too. I would go to your GP and get them to work you up. Also, try and eat some low fat foods because your gallbladder contracts more with fatty foods, this might help your pain until you can be seen. But I would go ASAP otherwise the pain will continue.
Please keep us updated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Pain and What to ask the MD

Dear NC,
I agree with Susie and Marian as far as the gallbladder….you should see your internist/generalist. Here is some food for thought when you see the MD. You are not losing your mind. The pain is real. Note, the pain you are describing also fits what I just went through myself........caused by a small bowel obstruction due to abdominal adhesions. I'm home now about a week s/p surgery for the obstruction, lyses of a plethora of adhesions with one major omentum adhesion on the right side that caused the obstruction and a pelvic hernia. Reason? I pushed myself back to work and lifting too soon after my hysterectomy in June of '04. Anyway, I had the severe, doubling-over right-sided pain, the rib pain and abdominal pain that you described. I was in the hospital with an NG tube and no food for 3weeks......the pain never stopped. The conventional tests were all normal. That's when they went in to "explore" and found what was wrong. If the pain changes when you change the foods you are eating then perhaps it is the gallbladder. If pain, n/v, and other symptoms persist then you have to persist to be heard. Ask your generalist if it isn’t gallbladder than could it be a small bowel obstruction due to adhesions and or hernia (they found one in my pelvis). I hope I’ve given you some ideas in order to help you get what you need from your MD’s to discover what is causing your pain…….sbo, adhesion lysis and hernia repair all require surgery……so please, find out what you need and know that it is real.
AJ
Unread 12-16-2004, 12:26 PM

NC

Since I am not a princess yet (soon 12-27), I cannot say if the pain is surgery related but I can say I would definitely have my gallbladder checked. I had mine removed a little over a year ago. My first indication something was wrong was sharp pain which moved around and then I was very sick with a lot of pain for about 3 hours. I did not have gallstones. I went to the DR and we went thru all the different problems. This went on for weeks. Finally a friend suggested I ask for a HIDA scan. It is a test where they inject dye and can watch it go thru the digestive system. When all was said and done, the DR said my gallbladder was not functioning. Anything that had any amount of fat or anything would make me sick. I lost 20 pounds without trying. I hope this helps and you figure out what is causing your pain!

Good Luck,

Ginger

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register