Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 14 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 03-29-2004, 09:57 AM
OHHH SICK!

I'm sorry, that it SO gross!(But hysterical!) LOL!!!
I would make those as a joke and that's about it..
Puppet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2004, 10:37 PM
don't throw out your TAMPONS

Hi ladies,
Okay I just had a thought it doesn't happen often, I wrapped up my leftover tampons and gave them to my DD, she laughed, but after thinking
I have a friend who works at a Large food bank...they don't get these items, I have had to go to the bank before single mom out of work, embarasing as it is wouldn't it be nice if they had our leftovers, they need them there expensive, what a waste to throw them out, a small gesture? After all these women are still stuck with flo!!

Okay just my thought, Thanks for listening
M
Unread 05-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Not many here woudl accept sucha gift .. some are superstitious about it .. folks like mY MIL for eg ..

mei
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2004, 10:53 PM

Hi,

Wow what a great idea I am a social worker and work with very poor families and I never thought about donating mine and tampons are really expensive, they really need those items and really have not got the money to spend on them thanks for the wonderful idea...
Unread 05-05-2004, 11:04 PM

great idea......I have a womens shelter in my area for battered women and they are always needing personal items. Since I use the extra jumbo largest tampons my 11 year old is not going to be able to use them when she starts. plus the pads I use are way too bulky for her. I am going to keep my panty liners "just incase"....I dont know what to expect in the drippy,discharge area so I might need these. whoohoo!~
Unread 08-22-2004, 12:48 AM
Tampons Tampons and MORE Tampons!

Ok, at 7 1/2 weeks post op I finally decided it's time to weed out the supplies I've had stashed everywhere, so I went on a search today to seek out and gather up all those industrial sized tampons and mattress sized pads that I no longer need.

They were everywhere! In every suitcase, jacket pocket, purse, undies drawer, bathroom drawer, junk drawer, under-sink cabinet, closet, make-up bag. They were also in my work bag, glove box, desk drawer, and in half a dozen little zippered cases I'd always tuck into a bag when going somewhere.

I found at least 3 different types of tampons, and many more types of pads, big ones, little ones, with wings, without wings, thick ones, thin ones, blue ones, pink ones, white ones, and all of them now no longer needed!

I'd love to throw a Freedom Party with a bonfire of the unwanted, unneeded personal protection products as a featured event, but the police would surely write me a ticket for setting such a huge fire! So instead I'll just take them to work and let it be an emergency supply for the ladies there.

Meanwhile, in my mind I'll envision a party where we're all fearlessly wearing white, playing games like "toss the ovary" and "pin the fibroid on the uterus". Afterwards we'll be sipping on champagne (or bloody marys), and sampling chocolate covered strawberries and we relax by the pool and have Cabana boys give us all foot massages!
Unread 08-22-2004, 06:52 AM

I just love your post! I think a party is in order! "Oh cabana boy...come hither!" I am envisioning it right now.
Actually - I've already disposed of my items but I must admit that I do the "happy dance" everytime I go down that aisle.
Keep me posted on the party. I'll be there with bells on!
Cathy
Unread 08-22-2004, 10:32 AM

I thought I was the only one doing the happy dance down the fem. hyg. isle.

My cousin was nice enough to come stay with me for a few days after surgery so I gave her all my stock. Although she left a few behind - just in case she has an emergency when she visits me.

But I am still finding them. In old purses, suitcases, drawers. IT amazes me now to find all these spots I had them stashed - and it just brings a smile to my face everytime I find one!
Unread 08-22-2004, 10:35 AM

i am sending all my pads to freidns still in need of them( in gift bags)
Unread 08-22-2004, 10:57 AM

I've taken all my leftover hygiene products to work and put them in a drawer in the ladies' room with a note "Help Yourself" laying on top of the packages.

I had them in every purse, in a drawer at work, under the bathroom sink, even in my glovebox of the car! Funny part is, because I had part boxes of all kinds of different things that I had tried to contain the flooding - there's every different kind of super and extra super tampon on the market. No applicator, cardboard applicator, plastic applicator, etc., etc. When I receive free samples in the mail, I just tuck the package right into that same drawer again. Nobody's said anything, but I do know that they're being used on occasion.

The only thing I go down that aisle for now is to buy Astroglide!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register