Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 15 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 08-22-2004, 12:21 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

I donated my extra's to a womens shelter. However, to my dismay I find myself still in the aisle buying panty liners. Can't laugh or cough or sneeze without needing one to contain sudden burst of potty. Oh well. Keegles don't work but I keep exercising those muscles with hopes they will get strong and I will finally be able to stay out of that aisle for good!

CB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2004, 12:36 PM

I have no one to give my supplies to. I used to use "INSTEAD" and the ladies at work don't use that brand. Someone said they took theirs to a shelter maybe I'll do that. Anyways about that party...... Make sure you send me an invitation!!!!
Mary
Unread 08-22-2004, 12:57 PM
Thanks for your enthusiasm, Desert Thistle!

Dear Desert Thistle,
I am 46 years old. This summer, in June, I had my uterus oonly removed due to large fibroids that were continuing to grow. I am a junior high teacher, and my periods were stating to interfere withmy job, so I decided to have the supracervical over the summer. I have two almost grown children, and I was not planning on having any more, but there is a small tinge of sadness that I feel when I think of no longer having any more periods. I know that it is kind of a foolish way to tohink, and I am sure in time that I will be fine, but I feel that way right now. I was glad to read your post, because that is the kind of support that we need to have right now. We are in this together, we have gone through a lot together, and we should support one another on our commonalities. If these organs were not causing us problems, we would not have had them removed. Am I kind of silly for feeling the way I do about my uterus being removed? I am sure in time I will be just fine. In some ways I feel like I am a kid again, free and light without the wieght and problems of a diseased uterus, so I should be very happy, but I know that it will just take a little more time. I had my surgery on June 17, 2004. I would love to come to a party such as the one that you mentioned, even if it is done on-line. Thank you sor posting that. I think we could all use that!
Sincerely,
Solivia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-22-2004, 01:17 PM

woohoo!! You just almost made me burst a vein with your tampons, tampons, tampons. I had given up on tampons because they did not hold anything and just resigned to pads to let the good times roll!! Thank God, no more wings!!
Unread 08-22-2004, 02:16 PM
tampons.............

Hey there.
That was truly the funniest and enlightening post I have ever read!!!!! My husband was sitting on the sofa and I read it to him too. He was laughing as hard as I was.
I got tired of going to the store to get the tampons, and I finally decided to really stock up, I went to Costco and bought 4 boxes of 100, so I thought I would be really stocked up for a good long time. One week after the day that I purchased the boatload of tampons my doc informed me I would no longer be having periods, as he was going to remove my tumor and all that was associated with it. Now I have 50million gazillion Tampons laying everywhere, and no need at all. Funny how things happen. Anyhow thank you so much for that post and I sure would love to have an invite to the party, I would love to have a massage and play those silly games.... Your GREAT!!!!!
Unread 08-22-2004, 03:14 PM

Desert-thistle, I can certainly relate to the "tampon and pad" hunt....I did the same thing, only I threw mine out the day before my surgery. When I returned to school on August 9th, the first thing I did was unlock my desk to lock my purse away and found a huge plastic grocery store sack filled to the brim with the hateful things.....I immediately marched, well maybe not MARCHED, exactly, next door to the classroom of my fellow music teacher and deposited the bag on her desk. When she opened it she started laughing and laughed so hard she had tears rolling down her face and THEN said she hated me for not needing them anymore! She was, of course, kidding about hating me and thanked me for the emergency supply to keep at school. I avoid that particular aisle at the drug store now like the plague. I AM worried, though, about the nation's economy now that I will no longer be buying several boxes of tampons and a couple bags of pad and birth control pills every month! Playtex MAY just go out of business without my patronage!! :-)
Unread 08-22-2004, 03:25 PM

Can't wait til I get to clean out all my fem hyg products.

Just remembered: I have a stash in my fishing tackle box!!!
Unread 08-22-2004, 06:39 PM

Have to share my laugh with this thread.
My daughter moved away two years ago for school. After graduation she informed us she was staying south. (15 hrs away) Had an unexpected biopsy that brought a visit from Aunt Flo. So what's a gal to do? ... I went in her bathroom searching for supplies. I took 4!!!
Guess who moved back in?
Two weeks after my TAH/BSO she came crashing into my room..."Who took my tampons?"
I boldly sat up and SWORE it would NEVER happen again.
Unread 08-22-2004, 07:11 PM

I just came home today from tah!(8/22). I felt great until I read this post and thought I was going to pop my staples from laughing! You should have posted a warning before reading!
Please invite me to the party!!!
Unread 08-22-2004, 07:31 PM

I have not yet done that cleaning party. I am sure I will find them everywhere also. I would love to be invited to the party. I think this is the funniest thread I have ever read.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register