Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 03-26-2001, 05:57 PM
May I make another suggestion?

I've posted this suggestion before and I think it's a good one, although not as worth while as donating to a women's shelter.

You can always give them to a friend's husband as a birthday present if he has ever had to go out and buy them for your friend. That way, he won't have to go out for an emergency run to the store for any. He'll have a secret supply of them on hand just in case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2001, 05:58 PM
I gave mine away - in groups

Seems like I had a ton of pads and things.

So right after I got home from the hospital, I divided them up into three bags (yes, those plastic grocery sacks) and gave one to my sister, for her daughter, one to my best friend, who was facing another month on pads before her hyst, and some to my SIL, who's daughter was just starting her period.

Just after I did this, my sister who was visiting started her period and I gave her the rest of my tampax.

I grinned to myself that it was over for me! Thankfully!

In fact, yesterday when I returned to work, the stash I had in the office desk drawer was moved to the ladies restroom as a 'freebie'.

Kotex is gonna miss me/us. Men just don't understand the liberty this affords us!
Unread 03-27-2001, 09:28 PM
Weeeelllllllll......

I just have to tell you what I did with 4 of mine....(the rest my dd confiscated them on Christmas eve). I am the baby (at 39) of 7 children--five girls-- only one of them had been punctured before me. Well, another of my sisters was teasing me and making a big deal of her 'baby' sister getting older before she did, etc. Sooo, since Christmas was just a couple of days away I made her a very nice, cushiony, absorbant pair of house slippers!!! Simply hot glue one of the pads crossways at the tip of another one laying flat in the shape of a slipper. Decorate the top of this with your choice of pretties. I used some gold tensil stuff! I then wrapped them and placed them under the Christmas tree. When she unwrapped them in front of everybody she about died! She loved them! What a hoot!

Just had to share.....
BoPeep
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 12:34 PM
What to do with Tampons and pads you don't need anymore

Hi I just read Granny's post and loved it and the replys. I too am finding tampons everywhere! I gave the m to my teenage daughters. For those who don't have girls............Might I sugggest you donate them to a womens shelter. I am serious. They will go to good use or contact any organization where women are in need. As we know female products are not cheep!!!!!!!!!!!!!Well Good luck Hugs to all of you wonderful people here. Angela
Unread 04-25-2002, 01:54 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

This is a great idea and it's what I did with my stash, as well. I had stocked up just a couple of weeks before making the decision to have my surgery, so the food pantry really made out. I was surprised to learn that you can't buy this stuff with food stamps, so there's an even greater need.

I suppose it makes sense; it's not food. But it's sure something you've gotta have.
Unread 04-25-2002, 02:24 PM
Expensive

Speaking of expensive, this morning I went rushing into a local grocery story which shall remain nameless and grabbed the first box of super plus tampons I could find. (I was late for work.) I didn't realize until 6 hours later when I happened to look at the receipt, that I paid $9.00 for that box of tampons!!!!!!!! (I'm used to paying $3.50 to $5.00, not $9.00!!)

I sincerely hope that's my last box. (Should be - fingers crossed - thinking positive happy thoughts!!!)

Lisa

Unread 04-25-2002, 02:47 PM

I had a TAH back in July. I'm still finding tampons too. I like the idea of donating them to a shelter.

However, it never hurts to keep a few around. My boss came into my office looking for some today. I'm such a packrat and she knows it (all too well).

Needless to say, I had some in the back of my notions drawer. She was grateful. The convenience store in the basement of our building is a bit costly.

Iggie
Unread 04-25-2002, 04:47 PM
makes great "consolation prizes"

Found Hyster Sisters before surgery, was a bit surprised there was actually a support group for my upcoming hysterecomy! Now, 3 weeks post op I can relate! It all makes sense now! I'm a first time internet message boarder, still trying to decode all these abbreviations, bare with me... here goes:

I must say, while I should have been stressed out the night before my surgery, I was wrapping up handfulls of my unused tampons and tying ribbons around them. I passed them out at the hospital to my female friends, family, nurses and even my doctors (they were female!)! I told them they were their consolation prizes! Thanks for visiting, etc. Everyone got a big kick out of it! I couldn't get rid of the pads though....I kept thinking I may be able to use them for something......I was going to probably just store them in the storage box with my empty cottage cheese containers! But, you all have given me some great advice on other uses! With 3 little kids, I have a lot of spills I could use them for! Thanks! I'm looking forward to checking into this site more!
:
Unread 04-26-2002, 06:59 AM
Thanks Jersey Girl!

Hey Cat, GREAT idea! I was trying to decide what to do with all of the "stuff" I've got, and now I know! Now my Dh can have a "little" more room in the closet! Hugs to you, also a Jersey girl! Tickles(Cathy)
Unread 04-26-2002, 08:17 AM

Hey Tickles!!!Great to hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It was also brought to my attention that you can't buy these products with food stamps.The womens shelter will really appreicate this donation. Well take care and great to hear from you again!angela

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register