Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 26 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 09-17-2006, 08:27 AM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

I feel strongly about keeping some tampons in my house because of what happened to me last summer. My husband and I made a quick visit to a friend of ours. I changed my tampon just before we left and within less than an hour I overflowed so to speak. My friend had a hyster many years before, but thank God she still had some supplies! So therefore I will do the same in hopes that I will help someone else in an emergency sometime.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2006, 11:05 AM

I'll probably keep a few at the house just in case a guest needs one.

My DH and I went out with friends of ours during the time that the wonderful new 'Big Dig' in Boston opened and had all those leaks ..... We came up with some great ideas on how to stop the leaks .....
Unread 09-19-2006, 03:24 PM

Bless you Lisa. As former resident of a abused womens shelter, I can tell you that is a much needed donation. I didn't have any supplies when I had my hyst as Aunt Flo hadn't been around for over a year. I do like the idea of having something in the house for friends who may need them, though. and they do make great emergency supplies if you cut yourself or can be used if an animal gets wounded.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2006, 12:41 AM

I had a box and a half of tampons left. A week after surgery I gave them to my biz partner. She has heavy periods like I did, but not as long as mine. Yikes!

Have to admit, I didn't really think about shelters. That is a great idea!

I didn't keep any extras.....the only person who comes to see me who would need a tampon is my daughter and she never used the super plus' that I had to ;-) The majority of my friends are much older than I am (about 15 years older than me) and no longer need tampons...and the guys certainly don't LOL!!!

It sure was nice to get those boxes out of the cupboard and rearrange...liberating :-)
Unread 01-23-2007, 06:52 PM
A story from a friend

I befriended a person at work in charge of the blood drives. She told me she was out for 6 weeks recently.
I asked if it was for a hysterectomy if she did not mind answering, because I found this great website. She said oh no, she had hers years ago then related this story.
She told me back then there was no such place to see how other women were feeling and gather some strength from numbers. However, when all was said and done she packed up her female products in a pretty box with a bow and gave it to one of her dearest friends. I guess the friend was not real happy, but laughed along to the inside joke. So I guess this is a warning and that know the person well if you plan on giving your products away in a pretty box.
I think I'll use mine for knee pads or cleaning up wet spills. LOL!
Unread 01-23-2007, 07:08 PM

LOL! I'm giving all mine to my sister! She isn't happy about it, but she said she will take them since she still needs them!
Unread 01-23-2007, 07:18 PM

I gave mine to my DD and she said oh thanks just what I wanted.
Unread 01-23-2007, 09:08 PM

I tried to give my leftovers to my 15 yr old DD too- she said "Mom, I don't wear those diapers!"

Well exxxcuuusse me! Buy your own then!!

(I brought them into work when I went back!)
Unread 01-23-2007, 11:04 PM

My sister and I used the same kind so I gave mine to her. But my second choice would be to donate them to a womens shelter.
Unread 01-24-2007, 12:27 AM

i'm giving mine to the teachers on my hall. may as well, since i already have a stash at school. i will put them in our restroom with a little note. shoot, we already bring our own soap and air freshener.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register