Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 01-30-2007, 05:09 AM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Hi Otessa,
I still have a couple of pads laying around. They are great to cover up a wound with a bandage wrapped around it and the thin panty liners are good for wearing in the summer time when it is hot and you are sweating a lot. Then you don't feel like you need to change your undies two or three times a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2007, 05:43 AM

My daughter probably will not want my "supplies" either. I have those super de duper, extra large, moisture lock, winged, overnighters. No takers at my house.

I have heard that the military uses tampons for wounds. Can anybody confirm this and provide contact info? It would be great if we could donate as a group.
Unread 05-03-2007, 10:44 PM
So what did you do with your left over pads/tampons?

HEHE!

I know this is silly, but in a way it is kinda exciting!

What did you do with your left over pads/tampons?

Did you burn them? Throw them in the trash? Give them away? Or maybe you cant bare to part with the one thing left of your 'Aunt Flow' YEAH RIGHT!

I waisted no time in giving them to my sister! LOL
My niece had her tonsils removed the same day I had my hystro. It was a Wed and I left the hospital Sat. My niece went home Thur. Well my sister had to return to work on the Mon and didnt really want to leave her daughter alone (she is 14). So she called me up and asked if I would mind if she came and helped me out that week. I was like sure. She can be my feet and I will be her voice! LOL
That Mon when my sister came to pick up my neice, I was ready waiting with a sack full of my left overs. LOL I said here...you need these more then I do.

I had kept my stuff in a nice wooden chest type box next to the toilet. (my cabinets are not next to my toilet...they are on the other side of the bathroom...I have a big bathroom) I kept that box well stocked due to I never wanted to be caught unprepared.

I must say....my box is next to the bath tub now and it looks nice holding all my soaps and back scrubber.

So it only took me 2 days to get them out of my house...for at least 10 more years anyway, then I will have to deal with both my daughters. I didnt want to keep them that long.

But I did keep a couple of pads and a couple of tampons just in case one of my sisters comes to visit and they get a surprise. (That has happened once...to my older sister.....I hate being unprepared for those surprises.)

So that is my story....please share yours!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2007, 11:51 PM

I donated my kotex/tampons to a battered womens shelter. I figured it was something they could use.

When DH was deployed to Iraq we had many people donate them to the soldiers overseas. Due to the fact he was in an infantry (all male) unit, we gave them to families who were struggling while their soldier was away.
Unread 05-03-2007, 11:54 PM

On the day before my surgery I, very ceremoniously, handed them off to my 19 year old daughter! I tried to act all serious but I ended up giggling like a little girl. She was a little less ammused...
Unread 05-04-2007, 05:24 AM

After 4 weeks i gave mine to my Son's roomate G/F.. She was very happy to recieve them, keeping her in stock for a couple months.
Unread 05-04-2007, 05:48 AM

My first instinct was to have a big bonfire in the back yard, but I didn't want to break any fire codes or anything, so I gave them to my oldest daughter.
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:17 AM

I gave mine to my sister in law. Funny thing is that I keep finding them in odd spots like the glove compartment of the car and in cosemetic bags in pocket books that I haven't used in a while.
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:36 AM

After my surgery, my neice came over to help me out (she's 15) and she asked me if she could have my tampons...I gladly handed them over to her, she will be stocked for awhile.

I kept my pads just in case for now, but she may be getting those too..how liberating!!!
Unread 05-04-2007, 06:41 AM

Gave them to my 31 year old daughter. My husband was looking for something in my purse while I was in the hospital and pulled a couple out. He looked at me and said, "well, we won't be needing these anymore." I told him.....we could keep them around for nose bleeds.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register