Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:06 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

I gave some to my DD (here's hoping & praying she doesn't have problems like I did)! The rest, that were in unopened packages, I donated to a local women's shelter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 12:28 PM

I am taking them to school where I work with 99% women! I know they'll be used there - everyone needs "something in a pinch".
Unread 10-06-2007, 01:21 PM

I gave mine to my daughters and had some left over for their girl friends that are here in a pinch!
donating them is a good idea too! I didnt have that many.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2007, 03:33 PM

all sealed packages can be donated to your local women's shelter.

I gave my opened stock to various family members, then took the rest to work and left them in the ladies washroom in a basket.

Or you could go to this link

Autumn
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:28 PM

I gave the super stuff to my daughter and the regular stuff to my daughter-in-law. They were amazed at the stockpile I had to give away!
Unread 10-07-2007, 09:36 AM

I also gave all of mine to my DD. But I still find tampons everywhere. Those last 6 months were a "always be prepared" nightmare. So I had pads and tampons in my purse, both bathrooms, my travel bag, my suitcase, my briefcase, my car and my work car!! Too funny!

Good idea about donating to women's shelter for those unopened boxes. Wish I had thought of that. I just wanted to get rid of the memories of heavy uncontrolled bleeding! It's funny but I still look when I wipe to see if I have any blood. Guess it'll be awhile before we change our behaviors.
Unread 10-07-2007, 08:01 PM

i generally used alternative menstrual protection methods (diva cup, sponges, cloth pads i made a few years ago) but i did have about a half box of ob's in the cabinet.

i gave them to my best friend ( who also uses the alternative stuff and only used ob in a pinch) who is keeping them in her glove box for the "oh my af is here" days.

Unread 10-07-2007, 08:18 PM

There was a sister on here, and I am sorry I cannot remember her name or the thread, but she said she used her left over pads in this way....she peeled off the back of, I believe 4 of them, and stuck them to the cold toilet seat so that right after surgery she had a cushioned and not so cold seat.....I thought this was a fantastic idea!!!
Unread 10-07-2007, 09:10 PM

I passed the "leftovers" on to my daughter, but I'm still finding them in various purses, bags, etc. I had them everywhere - JUST in case! In fact, I was at a scrapbooking event a week or so ago and found another stash in one of my scrapping bags. I passed them out to the friends that were with me. I can't help but be tickled each time I come across them -- to think I'll never need those things again ... woo hoooooo!

I was out shopping for pants today, and it was a great moment when the lightbulb went off and I realized I no longer had to avoid light colors!!!!
Unread 10-07-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubfan
What did you do with your extra, unused pads/tampons after your TAH? I had almost an entire package of super maxi's left. I thought I'd need to use them post-op, but never did.

As I expected, most people are particular about the kind they use. I could not give them away to my younger sister or to friends.

However, this week, when I returned to work, a woman there suggested I donate them to her church, so I did.
They are still sitting in my bathroom cabinet and the ****ed Depends I had to wear because the flow was so heavy. For some reason, I just haven't parted with them; I think mentally, I'm still in 'accident' prevention mode. Donating them to a shelter perhaps is a great idea.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register