Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 04-26-2002, 09:36 AM
HAHA!

Iggie! That is such a great use I would never have thought of! using Tampons to get ahead with the boss! The political use ! Of Course! HeeHee just teasin!!
I loved Grannys posts too. There is a book some co-workers of mine wrote about the humorous uses of tampons (kinda weird to me at the time, but I sure would find it funny now). Now I know what their inspiration was! They must have had Hysterecotomy's!
Should've gotten a copy and we could have had a laugh!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2002, 02:10 PM
One use for old tampons

Here's a thought....

When my DH was 6years old he was really into GI Joe's, so one day while he was in the bathroom he found his mom's stash of OB no applicator tampons and decided that they looked a lot like missiles. Let's just say his mom was a little shocked to find him playing with her "missiles" and conveniently hid her stash somewhere else. So, if you want to do something with those unused tampons give them to your sons, nephews, grandsons or even little neighbor boys - I'm sure their moms will love you!

Marla
Unread 05-02-2002, 03:52 PM
That's a good one!

Tampons as missiles! Who knew???

I've heard also that maxi-pads are great for polishing bikes and cars!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2002, 05:50 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Or you can donate them to a women's shelter. Just a thought. I'm going to donate mine with a big smile on my face!

Unread 05-02-2002, 06:01 PM

We have had some hysterical (no pun intended) threads on what to do with your unused "supplies", ranging from the ever-popular Tampon Angel to the basic bonfire.

For those of you who haven't seen it....

http://web.dbtech.net/~suncastl/angel.htm

The missiles idea is a new one... I like it! Try running a search here on tampons and see what turns up.

Karen
Unread 05-02-2002, 09:56 PM

lol...missles...I have a son who would do that given half a chance.

I'm going to do what my friend Jan suggested. She took all of her old "supplies" and divided them up evenly. She took each bundle, wrapped them in giant pink bows and sent them to her girldfriends with condolences notes from her uterus!! LOL

PRICELESS!

That and I know for a fact that a pad is the best thing in the world for defogging a car window!! The things you learn in a pinch!~
Joby
Unread 05-02-2002, 10:16 PM
tampon tube

Marla's telling of her 6 year old son playing with her tampons reminded me that my son at about that age had found the used tampon imsertion tube in the garbage and when I found him with them admitted he had been using them for pea shooters. I delicately told him what they had been used for. I was afraid that if I didn't he would hide them and keep using them. Gross I know!

Melanie
Unread 07-13-2002, 09:38 AM
New idea for the leftovers (tampons/pads)

I have about two drawers full of leftover tampons and pads and have been pondering their fate. My first thought was to donate them to our local 5th and 6th grade center for those girls just starting. But the principal is a man and I don't know any of the teachers so I thought that might be a bit awkward. Plus how many 5th and 6th grade girls need super/super+ tampons or nite time maxis? So Ebay addict that I am, I gathered them all up, snapped a picture with my digital camera, and listed them on Ebay! I already have two bids on the pads and 2 bids on the tampons! And all this within 8 hours! I did a general search on tampons and pads and you would be surprised at how well they sell! Guess some people are embarrassed about buying them in the store!

Anyway - just thought some of you might another idea of what to do with your leftovers. I'll keep you posted on the progress of my auctions!
Unread 07-13-2002, 09:57 AM

HAHA! What a grand idea! However, I'd already thought about their fate and decided that we're having a pad burning party. Yes, all my friends and family are invited. It's a barbecue and later on the pad burning. I might even shed a tear. Just kidding!
Unread 07-13-2002, 10:13 AM
Leftovers

I thought of having a tropical going away party for Aunt Flo. Paint the pads green like Palm tree branches and use the Tampons for Tikki torches.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register