Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 10-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

I donated the ones that I had unopened to my moms church for their missionary cabinet (they can go "shopping" when they visit my moms church) The others I sent to my moms funny thing is is that she no longer needs them either . But they do get more company then we do . I still have one unopened box of panty liners that will make their way to the mission cabinet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2007, 07:21 PM

I gave all of mine to my sister. She really appreciated it. I had so many varieties and brands. She hadn't tried many kinds so now has a chance without wasting her money.

I didn't think of giving them to a shelter. We have many places in my town that could have used them.
Unread 10-13-2007, 08:20 AM

great ideals I think Iam going to keep all mine just because I have alot of family and friends that come over and more then once someone has come to me and said omg I started do you have anything ? Just to be safe I will keep them wouldnt want to be in that postion ever Its so great period free thats funny that you say that (bks4me) I have them all over also just the other day I had to find something and I looked in my glove box and there came a pad falling out to me I just laughed and said to myself peroid free YES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-08-2008, 11:17 AM
New use for tampons

My dh and I went to a ZZ Top concert last weekend and before we left he asked me if we had any cotton balls because he knew the concert would be loud. Well, I looked and could not find any, however, just a few days earlier I had received a nice little gift in the mail. A local pharmacy had sent me samples of Kotex products and when I opened the package I just laughed. I decided when I couldn't find any cotton balls to see if I could take a tampon a part and use it. I took it to my dh and he laughed. He said, " I am not wearing that thing in my ear with a string hanging from it." I told him I would open the tampon up and cut the string off. When we got to the concert we NEEDED the cotton so I pulled off some of it and rolled it into a ball for him. He laughed and said, "Don't tell anybody that I put a tampon in my ear!" I just laughed and thought how funny it was to find another use for tampons. It worked to block out some of the sound, but it was a LOUD concert. We went out into the foyer area and watched a local football game and listened from there with the "cotton" in our ears.
Hope this brings laughter to somebody that is just beginning their recovery process. It has been 6 mths since my TVH and life does return to normal, but it does take time.
Unread 11-08-2008, 11:28 AM

LMAO!!!! That's the best story ever!
Unread 11-09-2008, 10:12 AM

Thats a new one for me!!! I LOVED The story! AND LOVE ZZ TOP!!

heh heh
Unread 11-10-2008, 04:33 AM

thanks for making me smile and for saying that there is light at the end of the tunnel....Although, I must say, 6 months seems a hell of long time for feeling 100%.....I'm at my 5th week.......such is life.....
Unread 11-27-2008, 05:54 AM
Humor - what to do with leftover tampons

http://www.tamponcrafts.com/

( copy and paste address in browser)

Here's what we can do with all those leftover tampons!

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sister K
Unread 11-27-2008, 12:46 PM

LMAO,
I'm giving mine to my son. He's a high school wrestler and they cut the strings and use them for bloody noses. Funny but true.
Unread 11-27-2008, 01:24 PM

donate them to your local school for the school nurse. I work at our local high school and when our school nurse (also a close friend) heard I was have the big H, she came to me and asked for any and all leftover tampons and pads. I said SURE>>>>> It will be my NEW YEAR gift to her. ha!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register