Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 01-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Re: One idea to use up leftover pads

*snort*

I'm 5 weeks post-op today and last weekend I finally handed over all my extra stuff to my 15 yr old.

The look of abject horror and disgust on her face that I showed up in her room with a huge box of stuff is one I'll be laughing about for YEARS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2010, 05:34 PM

I keep my leftover pads for bandaging purposes. I've gone through so many different kinds of surgeries in the last 19 years, I usually end up with an incision that needs covreing.
I could see where they could be used in bandaging horses, as well. We have 2.
Unread 01-14-2010, 05:44 PM

LOL Today I had day sugery (ureteroscopy) I was preped with a solutionfrom belly and down to thighs...I was NOT cleaned up after so when I got home I used an overnight pad (leftovers from before hyterectomy) to clean myself up...I am still using the leftover pads as I am bleeding from todays procedure...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Donate feminine supplies to soldiers

I was browsing the http://www.anysoldier.com/ site this morning and noted that quite often the female soldiers request feminine supplies.

Thought I'd mention it here for anyone who, like me, has a stockpile of unopened feminine supplies that they will no longer need.

I am in no way affiliated with the site but have used it before-- they provide names/addresses/ wishlists of soldiers and you can snail mail them care packages.
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Re: Donate feminine supplies to soldiers

Great idea! Awesome site too!

Thanks for the suggestion.
Unread 03-28-2010, 12:12 PM

Thanks for the suggestion I will have to donate my leftover stuff.
Unread 03-28-2010, 12:19 PM

I also use this site and send letters and care packeages regularly. If you are interested in helping, please know that as a US Army veteran, the most requested item is a simple letter. Just something to let them know that we appreciate what they are doing. No matter what your personal position on the wars, we need to support the men and women who support us in so many ways.

I have also approached my daughter's elementary school and started a letterwriting campaign to get more people involved. If you are interested and have questions, please message me.

Thank you all for supporting our military!
Unread 03-28-2010, 01:55 PM

Thank you very much for doing this for the Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors, and Marines who are deployed to the War Zone. Before I retired from the Air Force, I spent a year deployed to Afghanistan. The post exchanges carry a very limited supply of feminine products and when they do, the supplies are gone quickly. My DH was wonderful and sent me monthly care packages so I had enough for myself and to extra for other ladies who find themselves in a bind. We do all take care of each other. This is one area that our male counterparts, bless their hearts even if they try, can never understand. We choose our careers in the military, but the real unsung heroes are people like you who stand behind us with unconditional support and love. Again, my appreciation and gratitude to folks like you, people who we've never met, yet, you've loved and taken care of us with cards, letters, care packages, and most important, endless prayers for us all to return home safely. Thank you for your support!
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:14 PM
Re: Idea for leftover tampons/pads

Thanks for the idea! I was wondering what to do with them. I have an 11 year old daughter but I don't want her using tampons just yet, so i'll donate them and keep the panyliners
Unread 06-09-2010, 11:52 PM
ok ladies! what did YOU do with your extra pads and tampons?

Ok I don't know what to do with them. I really dont. Your help is greatly appreciated. Weird ideas,fun ideas...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register