Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 08-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Re: What Are New Uses for Your Stash of Kotex and Tampons?

I wonder if the middle/high school nurses office might take them as donations too. I am sure there is more than once than some young lady has to see the nurse for that kind of thing....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2011, 01:38 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziq55 View Post
I usually cut it in half to shine my shoes.

As far as your 2 year old son, I don't think you should discourage his artistic expression, LOL.
Lol u made me crack up laughing = )
Unread 08-24-2011, 02:11 PM

I have mine stored out in the barn now to use for horse first aid. Perfect for cuts etc.

You could donate them to a woman's shelter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-24-2011, 04:07 PM

Donate to women's shelter, school nurse, etc.... it's a great feeling to get rid of them!! I kept a few since I have teenage boys and wanted to be able to offer girl friends supplies if necessary!
Unread 09-04-2011, 09:50 PM

I put all of mine (and I had a BUNCH since I was bleeding every other week) in a BIG walmart bag and made a ceremony out of giving them to my only friend that is still having to deal with that time of the month! LOL Did the whole "in honor of passing on my pads to my dear Friend" thing and made a big dedication to her. ROTFL I thought it was too funny she wasn't as impressed (she works in a local drug store and it was perfect timing when a lot of people she know saw the whole presentation of the pads. LOL But honestly I think the idea of taking them to your local high school nurse would be a good idea when the kids come into the nurses office it would be nice for the kids to have a choice of which brand they war
Unread 09-05-2011, 02:20 PM

Great idea!
Unread 09-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Long forgotten and lost tampons

It makes me smile evertime I come accross a tampon or pad that I have 'stashed' for one of those 'just in case moments'. I seem to have a spare tampon in just about every place you can imagine. Isn't it funny when you put on a coat that you havn't worn since last winter and yep you guessed it, 1 or 2 tampons still in the pocket or the handbag that you havn't used for a while or the car's glove box, I am sure there are some still out in our shed in one of the tool boxes. Does anyone else still keep finding long forgotten tampons?
Unread 09-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Re: Long forgotten and lost tampons

Oh yes, i had them everywhere, coz i was bleeding constantly!!
I had them in both my handbags and in all compartments in them, in vanity cases, purses, washbags, drawers, in the car, coat pockets, and the amount i have accidently washed when they were in my jeans pockets!!! te he he :-D

Thank god i will never need them again!!!
Unread 09-10-2011, 11:52 AM

I went through everything and ended up with a pile of tampons and pads. Hubby and I hadva big fire with them out back It felt so good to throw them in the fire one by one!!!!!
Unread 09-10-2011, 12:00 PM

Just a thought. If you have a local shelter your extras might be welcomed. We all know how $$$ these products r ..I volunteer at a pantry and the women are always thrilled when we have supplies to give them

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register