Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 46 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 10-13-2011, 03:53 PM
woohoo!!! Threw pads and tampons today

Feels so good to not have to stock up on pads and tampons anymore!!! They are headed to dumpster. Oh, what a relief!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Re: woohoo!!! Threw pads and tampons today

I hear that sister. Glad you are healing well.
Unread 10-13-2011, 04:20 PM

Yay...I gave mine to my sister...I got the response of "Thanks...I hate you...that's not fair" (she was joking of course...after the ceremony of the "handing over of the pads" we had a cup of tea and chocolate biscuit to celebrate my journey). It's a great feeling...

I had another reminder today of the fact that I am now pad free...my dad just had a biopsy to check for prostate cancer (for his own peace of mind...he had the digital exam and she said he was clear from cancer, but he said he wanted the biopsy to be 100% sure)...anyway, he has to wear a "man pad" because he is bleeding after the biopsy. I made light of the matter by saying to Dad "Well, at least you know how we all feel having to wear pads" - his response was "how you used to feel"...a timely reminder that I no longer have to wear them! I can sympathise with him though...I have given over my box of movicol so he can avoid constipation and heal properly (and needless to say, I have pampered him since he has had it done...I honestly believe what I went through with hysterectomy was far easier than what he's going through after the biopsy...I am handing over lots of pampering to my dad right now...he's fine...but a bit sore.)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2011, 06:15 PM

tggr: My dad had the biopsy in May. It was absolutely horrible!! Turned out, he had cancer. Had prostate removed in August, two weeks before my surgery. I think the biopsy was worse than his surgery!! He's healing quite nicely now.

It was interesting to see and compare our healing process. He was great after 4 weeks, me not so. And I'm 25 years younger than him!! I have to remind my mother now and then, I had an organ removed, he had a gland!

It IS a great feeling.....can't wait till I'm fully recovered. Unfortunately, I was looking to the six week check up time to be fully healed. Not so. Oh well, I read it's normal.
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:07 PM

Gave mine away yesterday to my best friend...but she said keep one pack of pads just in case any of my friends come over and they may need one. But I think she could see the "I think I may bleed one day"look on my face. I think I bled for so long, I just can't believe it is over. I guess it takes time.
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:31 PM

It's been nine weeks for me, and it's finally starting to sink in that I don't have to plan my life around my cycles anymore.

Today I was searching my purse for an allergy pill and found a tampon tucked away in an inside pocket. I tossed it in the trash with a smile. I'm keeping panty shields on hand, but pads and tampons are HISTORY. Feels great!
Unread 10-13-2011, 07:41 PM

I walked through that isle in the stire yesterday because I had to go to the pharmasy and just smiled at the thought of never buying them again. When I am feeling a little better I am going to donate my extras to a womans shelter.
Unread 10-13-2011, 08:37 PM

Paula0725...sorry you aren't quite healed yet! Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you. I was talking to my dad at lunch and the prostate biopsy actually sounds quite brutal! Makes me glad I was anaesthetised for a hysterectomy after hearing all about his biopsy!

Fenchurch42...I am the same way about planning my life around my cycles - the weekend just gone was the first time I have been away from home for the weekend and it was the first time I could plan a weekend away without having to second guess whether I would be bleeding and having to pack a packet of pads "just in case"...it was a great feeling!
Unread 10-13-2011, 10:14 PM

Don't throw them away!
Give them to your gyn/oncologist.
My nurses took 8 packages of pads that I had.....LOL.
The clinics are "cutting back" and don't have them anymore to give to patients. I remember the doctor just giving me a wipe and a kleenex box after a vaginal exam that made me bleed a bit.

I also use the liners from time to time to help out with incontinence when I run.
Unread 10-13-2011, 10:51 PM

I've tried to get rid of mine, but then I freak with the 'what ifs' and can't do it. It's really weird.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register