Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 54 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 05-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Re: What to do with leftover pads - funny

Haha! I'm going to bonfire all my pads and even adult diapers as I will be SO HAPPY to be done with them! Joking - I will donate my stuff to women less fortunate. Time to buy some pretty Hanky Panky panties.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2016, 08:36 PM
After surgery, do you have a cupboard full of pads and tampons?

I have several boxes of them, and I wasn't sure what to do with them (it seemed a waste to throw them out, and it's not the sort of thing you offer female friends!). So I wondered if I could donate them somewhere. I searched for a women's shelter I my area and found they actually request donations of women's products on their website! So I'll be stopping by next week to drop off what I have. Worth checking out if, like me, your bathroom cupboard is full of things you don't need any more!!
Unread 01-29-2016, 08:58 PM
Re: After surgery, do you have a cupboard full of pads and tampons?

My friends were happy to have my supplies.....sadly threw out my mentstrual cups though as not much of a market for second hand versions of these for obvious reasons!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2016, 11:12 PM
Re: After surgery, do you have a cupboard full of pads and tampons?

I had an unopened box of tampons. I handed them over to my mom. There are a couple of charity groups through our church who may take donations. One is a group that assists women who were in jail that are transitioning back into society. The church also onside houses a group from a homeless shelter for a week in the fall. So my leftover products will go to one of those groups. You can also look into donating to schools. Perhaps they can use them in the nurse's office or know of students in need.

Unread 02-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

I donated my leftovers to our high school.
Unread 02-09-2016, 12:47 PM
What to do with menstral products??

So i am 29 and 7 days post op, and though i got a new menstral cup the Period before getting my surgery (grumble), is there anything to do with my unsused tampons, pads, and disposable cups??!

There really is no use for them in my house anymore, but just tossing them seems to be a waste.
Unread 02-09-2016, 12:49 PM
Re: What to do with menstral products??

Maybe donate them to a women's shelter?
Unread 02-09-2016, 01:18 PM

I'm giving all my pads to my mum to see her through her last few periods (she's premenopausal and annoyed I'm losing my period before her haha )
Unread 02-09-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgapchtx View Post
Maybe donate them to a women's shelter?
This or a food pantry. Big places won't take open packages, but a small one at a church or the like will be happy to have them. Feminine hygiene products can be very expensive on a tight budget.
Unread 02-09-2016, 03:37 PM
Re: What to do with menstral products??

I also purchased a cup 2 cycles before my surgery! Glad i did though and wish i had of known i could wear the Lunette with an IUD, would have been a life saver! I had a heap of pads still after my surgery but im now thinking i might have to buy some liners if this spotting doesnt quit soon! /i still have a few open packets of tampons i dont know what to do with.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register