Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 55 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 02-09-2016, 03:53 PM
Re: What to do with menstral products??

I gave all mine to my niece
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2016, 05:09 PM

I'll be keeping mine for visitors! My friends always seem to need when they are around.. So glad I won't be needing them any more!
Unread 02-09-2016, 06:23 PM

Mine are going to a woman's shelter. They will take them even if the box has been opened.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Re: Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?!

I gave all mine to my sister.
Unread 08-14-2016, 09:01 PM
I Gave Away All My Period Gear :-)

So I sent my daughter a selfie of me with all the varieties of feminine napkins and period gear that I've been hoarding with a caption that said "Who needs pads because I don't". I got a message back from her that her sister in law wanted them. I was kidding but hey, glad all that stuff found a home. Lol
Unread 08-15-2016, 12:12 AM
Re: I Gave Away All My Period Gear :-)

It feels great to finally be free!
Unread 01-26-2017, 11:20 AM
What did you do with your "supplies"

I had bleeding fibroids, so I've got packages of just about every strength of pads and tampons. I've seen that women's charities ask for tampons, but the boxes are not sealed, so I doubt they'd want them. I don't have any close female relatives still menstruating. I'm a teacher and was thinking of making baskets to put in the staff bathrooms saying they're for anyone's use. We only have two men on staff, so they may have to look at it but they can handle it I think.

Theres probably a good 30-40 dollars worth of stuff in my cabinet. I hate to throw it away. What did you do with yours?
Unread 01-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretUserName View Post
I had bleeding fibroids, so I've got packages of just about every strength of pads and tampons. I've seen that women's charities ask for tampons, but the boxes are not sealed, so I doubt they'd want them. I don't have any close female relatives still menstruating. I'm a teacher and was thinking of making baskets to put in the staff bathrooms saying they're for anyone's use. We only have two men on staff, so they may have to look at it but they can handle it I think.

Theres probably a good 30-40 dollars worth of stuff in my cabinet. I hate to throw it away. What did you do with yours?
I'm a middle school teacher and keep pads in my room for girls that need them. I teach ESL, so menstruation is a sensitive topic. I like the idea of putting the tampons in the staff restroom . If a male teacher can't handle that, well... the female teachers will appreciate it!
Unread 01-26-2017, 12:16 PM
Re: What did you do with your "supplies"

First, I used several of the pads as ice packs in my underwear to help with the inflammation I experienced in my 3rd and 4th week post op.

Then, I donated mine to a local women's shelter. They didn't care at all that the boxes were opened.
Unread 01-26-2017, 12:53 PM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretUserName View Post

I'm giving away my disposable menstrual cups to friends and will probably give my pads to my mother.

My old office had a basket of supplies, so if I were still there I would probably replenish the whole thing!

You can probably also take them to school so you have a backup stash for students. My teachers were lifesavers when I was a kid and nobody could have anticipated how heavy my bleeding was going to be.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register