Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc? Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Unread 12-21-2003, 05:58 AM
Uses for Left Over Pads, Tampons, etc?

Still can't laugh too hard, yet.....But this was a cute post....And I can say I won't miss buying any of those things again, and can't believe the stock I had invested in them, mostly after I had started to have problems, so it nice to be able to get rid of it all ......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2003, 07:23 AM
Re- What to do with your leftover products

Your ideas were great! If you really want to do something with them here is a great solution. My niece is being deployed to Iraq and was told hygine products are a premium for our female troops. Box them up and send them overseas! Thanks to everyone who chooses to do this!
Unread 12-22-2003, 11:23 AM
Haha!

Great Post! I had alot of both and donated them all very happily to my two lovely teenage daughters!!! I used at one time OB tampons and the girls said they would never use them so maybe they can be used for bloody noses..........ear plugs??? Who knows anyway it's a great life now not worrying about when and where you will be when the next FLOOD hits and if your prepared for it or not!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2003, 03:00 PM

I had a funny happen back in November. I attended a conference and was standing at the lavatory in the ladies room, washing my hands,etc. Another lady was trying to get the tampon machine to work, bemoaning the fact that it was broken and she *really* needed one. I reached into my purse, whipped out the last of the emergency supply I kept there and said, "Here, take this, I'm not going to be needing it anymore." And geez, that felt good -- as does walking through *that* aisle and being able to thumb my nose at it!

Kathie
Unread 12-22-2003, 03:34 PM

..How about rolling them in glue and glitter, and wearing them as drop earrings? Do NOT wear them on a rainy day tho'!!

;-)
Unread 12-22-2003, 03:35 PM

Since my hyst was the end of October we had a bonfire at my house, you know one of those perfect chilly nights, and what great fire starters they made!!! The best part was that you can roast a marshmallow SO much faster over a really hot fire and those little jewels burn HOT let me tell ya! My Grandma was Cherokee and used to tell me about the times her family would gather around the fire to celebrate something good happening... I could almost feel her watching me and smiling!!! All I can say is BURN BABY BURN!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!
Unread 12-22-2003, 04:07 PM

cherokeegal,

Did you use pads or tampons? And if tampons, do you take them out of the plastic applicator first? We could always use extra kindling. Not sure I want to roast marshmallows over them, though. It's a psychological thing, I think.

I'll bet if we dunked the tampons in some kind of perfume, they'd make great air fresheners. We can hang them from our rear view mirrors. In the old days, natives made corn husk dolls. how about tampon dolls? LOL.
Unread 12-23-2003, 06:58 AM

Hi Phrostie!

I used them all, pads & tampons, had a grand ole time! We did take them out of the plastic thingys. We burned wood but the lovely pads & tampons were great to start the fire with! Made me feel great actually knowing that's the LAST TIME I'll ever use those stupid curses!

What a great idea about the air fresheners, shame I don't have any left to try it! NOT! The dolls are a good idea too, you're awfully creative! All I could think of was how cleverly I could DESTROY the little nasty things!!! Oh well, to quote a really famous person... "Free at last, Free at last, Thank God Almighty We Are Free At Last"!!!

Happy Holidays!
Unread 01-09-2004, 11:14 PM
Best new use for pads/tampons

My surgery is still on for 1-13-04 and I have had what should be the last Aunt Flo...
So, need ideas for new uses for all of those lovelies....here are some of mine...
1. Pads make great compress pad for wound that is bleeding...keep one in my car for just that (have used one on a guy that rolled his car and tore arm apart)
2. Tampons are great to stop up the leaking pipe while running to hardware store. DH's water tank for his greenhouse was leaking so we "plugged" it with a super maxi while we went to store.. Worked..
3. Tampons make great dressing for puncture wounds.
4. My little sis used to wear maxis to soccer practice for shin guards. She was 4. We roared with laughter. She stuck them to her legs and She INSISTED on wearing them to practice.
5. Kitties just love attacking and killing tampons.
6. My little sis also used to stick maxis on the bottom of feet and "skate" on the wood floors.
7. Use as packing material in next package sent to loved one.

Come on, I need more uses, I have a huge supply of them!
Unread 01-09-2004, 11:16 PM

Hi!
Those are so cute!
I am going to save mine for my 11 year old daughter. I know it is coming soon.
Dottie.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register