What is the longest restriction anybody has had!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the longest restriction anybody has had!!! What is the longest restriction anybody has had!!!

Unread 12-14-2004, 12:35 PM
What is the longest restriction anybody has had!!!

Hello sisters.

Well I had my 2 post op appointment last friday. My dr. said everything was healing nicely which was good to hear. But I am still havng alot of abdominal and pelvic pain. I also have a lump about a half dollar size she said it was from surgery sticthes and it may go away on it's own our it may not. And if doesn't I may have to have another surgery to have it removed yikes...... But she said not until I am feeling better and stronger. She didn't seem to be to concerned about it after she had checked it out. She also put me on restrictions for another month ughhhh. I was wondering what is the longest restristion anybody has been on for after having a TAH/BSO Hopefully my next appointment next month she well lift all my restrictions.

LadybugM
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2004, 12:43 PM

Hi LadybugM,

Sounds about right. My DR did the same on restrictions. I go for me 6 weeks on Monday and will see what he says then.

Kelly
Unread 12-14-2004, 02:27 PM

I was having some severe swelly belly (and I didn't have that much during the first 8 weeks) at about 15 weeks so I went to the doctor and she said that I'd been overdoing it.

She said I could still lift and walk for fitness, but I needed to scale back - no speed walking and no heavy lifting (no more than 20 lbs) until my swelly belly went away. Well, it's been 20 weeks now and I still have the swelly belly (but I have also violated my restrictions a couple of times because I had to fly to a funeral and pretty much had to lift my suitcase a few times).

I'm hoping by January (which'll be 6 mos for me) I'll be back to my full self and I can get back to my normal active life.

I'm just a slow healer.

Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2004, 02:32 PM

Had surgery about a week before you and I'm still on restrictions, too. Kinda bummed me out a bit since that will be almost 11 weeks of it!!! Still have some pain just below and to the right of the navel - it isn't a lump- but is definitely a spot that is localized. Doc said he thought it was just normal healing, but didn't release me, and wants me back after the first of the year.

Think we'll hear some good stories about longer restrictions, what do you think?

Let me know how you're feeling. Will be curious to hear how things will turn out.

Sara
Unread 12-14-2004, 04:54 PM

I am almost positive my surgeon told me no vacuuming, FOREVER!! Didnt anyone else hear that from thier doctors??

Please dont tell my family that is not part of it....
Hugs
Kat
Unread 12-14-2004, 05:43 PM

My date is right in there with yours, Ladybug & Sara, and just judging by the way I feel I think I'm healing pretty slowly too. My first post-op appointment isn't til next Tues. so I'm just guessing... I think I'm dreading that appt. more than anything to date - how weird is that? So, sisters - what kinds of restrictions are you talking about? (aside from vacuuming, yes Kat - it's forever!)

joano
Unread 12-14-2004, 06:50 PM

My doctor said I should be able to vacuum after next visit, but I'm almost 100% sure I'll have a life time restriction on ironing. (At least that's what I'm telling my husband!) He says he's coming to my next appointment to hear it for himself!

Sara

Serious restrictions: no lifting over 10 pounds, no exercising - walking only, part time at work (actually would have signed me off until January) No vacuuming, Kat! No snow shoveling.
Unread 12-14-2004, 07:40 PM

Seriously, at 6 weeks, I was told not to vacuum until 8 weeks. I still am not supposed to be lifting anything over 20 lbs, I am not allowed to walk outside now because of the ice. Sitting today really bothered me, but then I sat for 4.5 hours (long story, sat in ER with DS and then Dr Office).. Driving still seems to be a weak area for me, but that is probably because of the ice.

Hugs
Kat
Unread 12-14-2004, 09:57 PM

Life time restrictions: No vacuuming, ironing and laundry. I also think she mentioned something about cleaning the doggie do up in the back yard and cleaning the kitty liter box.

Seriously, I'm still on a soft diet. This week I get to add some fruit to the pudding, jello, mashed potato, cottage cheese buffet. I'm still on the 10 lb. limitation. I feel like I should lay on a chaise lounge and be fed peeled grapes.
Unread 12-15-2004, 07:46 AM

The reason he furthered your restriction is because you are still having pelvic pain, which means you are not quite healed enough to get back to the real world. Don't get discouraged, he is looking out for you and making sure that you heal properly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register