4 Weeks - Having bladder and pelvic pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Weeks - Having bladder and pelvic pain 4 Weeks - Having bladder and pelvic pain

Unread 12-14-2004, 08:08 PM
4 Weeks - Having bladder and pelvic pain

Hi everyone,

For the most part, I feel blessed with a good recovery. Unfortunately on Sunday, I may have done something wrong...

My SAH/No BSO was on 11/18. I have been cleared for work and returned on 12/9. I am trying not to lift anything heavy and I am getting plenty of walks into my daily routine.

On Sunday, I was sitting on the floor, working on my laptop, doing some school work (I am also a full time student at Regis). I realize this was not the best position and definitely stayed in the position for too long, probably 90-120 minutes!! When I went to finally move, my abdomen was tight and felt hard. I laid down for a little while and then walked for a while and everything went back to normal or so I thought. I also had a BM, where I strained a little (sorry to be graphic).

On Monday night, I went to urinate and had a lot of pelvic pain. I had to wait a few moments to stand up. The pain was very sharp, not burning like a UTI. I had pelvic pain for the rest of the night and did not sleep well. Today, I still have the pain when I urinate and for a little while after. My abdomen is tendor, but I think that is because I finally have feeling there.

I left a message for the doctor and immediately came to visit the site for some advice or similar experiences. I started to feel a little relief when I read about the bladder spasms and then the nurse at the Dr.'s office called. I explained the situation and she wants me in tomorrow (my 4 week post op appt is Thursday). She says I should not be having any pain when I urinate!

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Thanks,

Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2004, 10:53 PM

Hi Jenn!

I agree...you shouldn't have pain when your urinate. I haven't experienced that so I don't have any words of wisdom for you. I hope your appointment goes well for you and you get the answers that you need!

I hope you are feeling better soon! Let us know how you are doing after you see your doctor! s

Deb
Unread 12-16-2004, 11:49 AM

Yes I have this problem to. My dr gave me a pill to numb my bladder to be sure that it was not the cause of my problem. It wasn't. She finally told me that my insides were just adjusting to the new space created by the removal of my uterus. However, I do sit a lot-I am a bookkeeper. I still have pelvic pain and am curious as to what you find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 10:00 PM

4 weeks and the same! i just went in to have test done tuesday. the put a cath. in with dye to see if there was a problem. then they put in an i.v. with dye to see if it was my kidneys. no results yet. i have no burning just preasure/pain. the dr. said that i had so much scare tissue on my bladder that it is brused from where she removed all of tissue, and it takes a while to heal. hope yours gets better try to not let your bladder get full. go more often. i find that helps !
Unread 12-16-2004, 10:23 PM

I'm 4 weeks as of tomorrow, and I've consistently had bladder pain when urinating but it isn't all the time. It seems to have direct correlation to the amount of activity I am doing. If I have overdone it, (which makes me scream because it seems like acute discomfort occurs with just one task completed such as standing too long in front of the mirror curling my hair). The overdone it feeling comes with a body warning. I have broken it down to warning one: a tiny twinge that is often ignorable. then if continue on doing the task, warning two will bring an all out stabbing twinge. now if i am stuck on stupid and still continue on then my discomfort becomes a continuous throbbing in the lower abdomen. Then I know, that I have to sit down Pronto. I also know that I'll be treated the following day with the Pee Shut-off valve acting faulty and causing pain. I learn very slowly it seems to respond to my body's signals of distress. It makes me realize now how I let Herman (my uterus monster) get me down for so long before I did anything (have a hysterectomy) about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register