low libido - any advise? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

low libido - any advise? low libido - any advise?

Unread 01-05-2005, 09:52 AM
low libido - any advise?

Good luck! My DH and I had our first encounter post op on Monday at almost 6 weeks. I controlled the amount of depth (pretty much none) and it didn't hurt a bit! It was FAST for him and painless for me. DH said it felt no different. Of course he only got to access the first 1/2 inch or so so he doesn't really know yet! He says he had grown very fond of my cervix and thinks he's going to miss it. That will be the next big mystery to solve as soon as I'm not so afraid. Good luck angel I hope there's great success.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2005, 12:18 PM
low libido - any advise?

just a word of caution, go careful with depth of penetration, sex has been fine,no pain or bleeding when not fully in but last night we went for more and it hurt and spotting happened for a while.

now need to abstain for a few days just when i thought i was getting back to normal.
Unread 01-06-2005, 04:56 AM
low libido - any advise?

Not to give TMI (too much information) but tried on top 1 night ago. (the best way for me to get mine) Felt very different. I noticed it felt odd without the cervix. Like nothing was grabbing on? He didn't notice but I sure did. I still got mine, so to speak but didn't feel the same to me! Okay but not "great".

I was very sore in my legs, and pelvic regions the next day. Not as bad from aches of doing laundry but I still layed around all the next day to be safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2005, 05:27 AM
low libido - any advise?

I am still struggling with this myself. For nine months prior to surgery I bled heavily and experienced increasing pain giving us little opportunity for a normal sex life. I am now 14+months post-op and continue to have NO libido. My husband of 30+ years is very supportive and loving and I am still crazy about him. I enjoy snuggling and smooching but when he starts to get serious, I feel nothing. I am working with my doctor to try to do something about this. So far, nothing has worked but I am hopeful that something will be found.
Unread 01-06-2005, 07:21 AM
low libido - any advise?

Im 7 months post op from TAH/BSO. I have had almost NO desire and when I MAKE myself "get into the mood", my big O is just a tiny O, build up and then poof, its gone.

I've also noticed that my (can I say this??) my clitorus has shrunk! Its like its fading away. Has anyone noticed this?

I am on HRT, 1 mg of estradial. I dont want to go stronger than that because I have no symtoms and dont want the risk.
Unread 01-06-2005, 07:54 AM
I can relate to the libido let-down

Hi diamond in the ruff - I can surely relate to the loss of intensity when it comes to orgasm. I describe it like riding a huge roller coaster anticipating the big drop and when you reach the peak its a quick drop and its over. Its a very big disappointment for me. My wonderful husband of 17 years is very loving and understanding. I also noticed that the areas sensitive to touch are now sensitive to the point I cant handle much touching there (does that make sense?) I know its a lack of hormones. I am 6 months post op I had a TAH. I'm going to the doctor in Feb. and we are going to have to make some adjustments.

By the way, I love this site. I have actually made a few friends that I am in constant contact with. Thanks to everyone for your support and responses. I feel like I belong to a special sisterhood.

Gloria
Unread 01-06-2005, 09:20 AM
low libido - any advise?

I'm sooo glad this thread is continuing- the low libido thing almost scared me from having my tah at all. To DH sex is such a BIG part of the relationship, couldn't bear it without (short hist- we lost a son 15months ago, almost split this past summer, am finally dealing with depression, mine anyways, not his, and my lack of wanting for a long time almost undid us completely)
I polled all my local hyster sisters on this private matter and all said it was different- DH and I discussed this and he agreed he'd have to be patient-like starting at the beginning again- let his imagination or past rememberances get him the additional he needs- me I just want to be able to enjoy it again, I do miss it, but hard to make the body go where the mind is not able.. so hoping the lack of pain will help here. I'm on a low dose premarin and I have made sure all works ok- my 6 wks is still a week from mon- scared of penetration already!!
sorry for the length....

J

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register