1 week post op - HELP!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 week post op - HELP!! 1 week post op - HELP!!

Unread 12-16-2004, 08:03 AM
1 week post op - HELP!!

Thanks everyone!!! You are all so encouraging!! You are right about paying at the end of the day if you do too much!! I was house crazy, so my husband took me riding to see Christmas lights night before last. We got home around 10:00; I got in bed at 11:00 and slept until lunch the next day!!!! Maybe that's why I had such a bad day yesterday.

I'm feeling alot better today.

I go in for a check up today. My staples are out, but the DR put butterflies over the incision during my last visit, and told me to leave them alone. It looks kinda bloody underneith them though. It really doesn't hurt, just sore to the touch some, but I guess that's normal!!!

Have a great day!!bb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 09:19 AM
1 week post op - HELP!!

Hi!

I am 6 days post-op- TAH BSO. I feel pretty good during the day but during the night, my lower back and across my incision ache. I tried sleeping on my side with a small pillow underneath, and that seems to help. Anyone else have this and any suggestions?

Sue
Unread 12-16-2004, 10:00 AM
1 week post op - HELP!!

Hi all! I had surgery (total) last July. My incision point is still numb, and my dr. said there's a chance it will stay that way, due to cut nerves. I had a 'bikini' cut, and it was in the same location that I had with some previous surgery (for adhesions). There's also a place right below my navel that is numb. Right after surgery, I slept a LOT for the first few weeks. Long naps, and a lot of them! One thing I figured out early on though was that I did better on Motrin than I did on the pain pills that were prescribed. I took them as prescribed for the first few days home, but switched to only taking them before bed when I figured out that I felt WORSE taking the pain pills! I took about 800 mg of Motrin every 6 hours or so and felt MUCH better overall. I remember the 'pinching' feeling too, but my dr. said not to worry about it. Mine felt more like one of stitches you get in your side when you run... know what I mean? Anyways, once I got off the pain meds., every day seemed a tiny bit better. As for sleeping, I slept on my back with a pillow underneath my knees. That position seemed most comfortable to me. Hope all this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 04:47 PM
still hurting

Hi Ladies
So glad to hear my symptoms seem to be common. I was worried about the burning pain on the sides, (sort of where my ovaries are... like perhaps I ripped something while trying to wrangle myself in and out of bed. Initially I bounced back pretty fast after my surgery last week then fell on my face after trying to walk too much. (not literally, but I feel more painful now and more swollen, I am humbled and spend more time with my feet up) It is hard to know how much moving around is too much until it is too late. I am getting a bit weird being so house bound and watching too much TV. I sure feel sore... it has been 9 days since my surgery....any ideas on when I will feel better? I am getting discouraged and a bit scared. I seem to be getting more sore. Does anyone think ibuprofun is better than alleve or vise versa?
Thanks everyone
Bikini cut, left the ovaries. large fibroids, uterous 385 gr
Unread 12-17-2004, 07:04 AM
1 week post op - HELP!!

Hiya Four...! Don't get discouraged! Keep in mind what your doctor had to do. Even though you have just a small bikini scar (as do I), that was only the entry point. There was a lot more cutting and shuffling on the inside! Your abdomen houses some of the strongest muscles in your body, and when they are literally cut in half [to get to your female organs], it's going to take some time to heal! I also felt a bit worse at first... but after a couple of weeks or so, every day seemed to be a bit better. Be kind to your body! Let it heal! It's not worth it in the long run to jump into anything too soon! I too overdid a couple times, and sorely regretted it afterwards! Just relax... healing takes time...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register