Four weeks post op..share your feelings | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Four weeks post op..share your feelings Four weeks post op..share your feelings

Unread 12-16-2004, 08:57 AM
Four weeks post op..share your feelings

I am 4 wks post op today. Just wondering how everyone around this time was feeling. For some reason my abdomen seems more tender now than it ever did. I seem to be sleeping a little better. I am now bleeding bright red every once in awhile. Mostly when I have been up doing alot throughout the day. Still feel the heaviness. What is up with you......................

Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 09:22 AM

hi, Iam also 4 weeks post op today. iam getting around pretty good. My biggest complaint is the swelling my stomach is flat when I get up in the morning but within the hour its pouching out and by 3pm. I look like Iam 4 to 5 months pregnant. Regular clothes are still out of the question because of this. I have never spotted. There is still a heaviness and Iam tender to the touch more like a stinging sensation. Overall though Iam starting to feel more normal except for this belly. I have lost about 13 lbs. hopefully that will stay off, I don't have much an an appetite yet but Iam guessing that is because of the swelling there just isn't any room left. I had a TAH with alot of endo adhesions. Hully
Unread 12-16-2004, 01:47 PM

I agree with both of you. There is still a heaviness in my abdomen when I'm standing. And the swelling...I can totally relate. It looks OK when I first get up and within a short amount of time I begin looking pregnant. It's REALLY tight too. I am also still quite sore. I thought that would have gone away by now. I had to buy new pants, but on a positive note I've been getting out more this week. I have started having a pink discharge the last several days and I've seen a few stitches so I'm not too alarmed by that. Hang in there ladies!

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 02:08 PM

Hi all,
I will be 4 weeks on the 22nd.

I too still feel heaviness, a bit tender and swollen belly as my activity level increases. Although yesterday i was able to wear a pair of my regular zip up pants comfortably.

The last few days I have done much more than up until now and I certainly am feeling it, and oh so tired.

Last night I didnt take any pain relief before going to bed and I woke up so uncomfortable during the night, didnt sleep as well, and have woken up tired. and am still very tender and bit sore this morning...

I have had no spotting or bleeding at all since my op.

My dd has a dental appointment this morning, but I know that I just cant do it so (and do I feel bad) I am going to cancel.

ange
Unread 12-16-2004, 02:36 PM

Glad everyone is feeling about the same. I wore jeans out today, but they came off as soon as I got home. My lower back is hurting me lots today. Everyday is something new.

If I dont talk to any of you later.....Have a Merry merry Christmas!!

Lori
Unread 12-16-2004, 04:05 PM

Hi Everyone,

I will be 4 weeks on the 22nd and I am feeling pretty well, in fact is scares me a little because I have the desire to do more and I'm not sure that I should. I too have swelling in the belly and heaviness and tightness in the belly. I went to a Christmas Dinner for a few hours last night and actually wore panty hose and a loose skirt. Well, you can imagine the hose came off the minute I hit the door and went back to my nightgown. In fact, I think I won't do that again for a while. I don't have to return to work until after the first of the year. I have stinging on the incision and have had no bleeding. Do you all get twinges of pain where your ovaries were? I see my doctor tomorrow and am anxious to talk with her just to find out if all is normal. I have had no problems with menopause symptoms either, taking premarin since the day after surgery. Do these symptoms come later?

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and someone to help you get things done. My daughter and mother have been helping me and I am not going to feel guilty if Christmas isn't perfect for everyone this year. Just going to do what I can do and send them all home early!!
Sonja
Unread 12-16-2004, 04:44 PM

I'll be 4 weeks on the 23rd. My premarin is starting to kick in now so I haven't had anymore night sweats but I still have trouble sleeping.I too have the swollen belly problem. It seemed to be going down on week 2 but now the past few days it started swelling again.I guess that may mean I've beeen overdoing it some, not sure.It's still confusing as to what is too much until you do it and feel the results.
Unread 12-16-2004, 04:48 PM

Hello! I am 4 weeks also! Have been feeling good but get tired very fast. By the time I get a shower, dressed, drive the 20 minutes to mall, I am pooped! Not used to that, am a very active person! That I think has been the hardest part of the recovery process!

My incision site seems to be swollen. Called Dr. yesterday, said I must have what they call a "healing ridge" but way too early to determine what it is going to look like in the end! Gosh, I hope it goes away!

Have had pinkish discharge since week 2..then today a flood of bright red blood! Called Dr. again, had me come in and take a look. Said things were healing, but had to stitches he used Nitrate pencil on.

Got the speech on doing too much! Husband is UPS man....so he is not able to help out with kids. house, etc during the week! Don't really have a choice but to get up and function! Will try to take it easy tonight...Other than that taking it day by day!

Love this website! I am so addicted!!
Unread 12-16-2004, 09:15 PM

Ok guys this is kind of gross to mention but what are my hyster sisters for......Today I was looking at my swelly belly trying to figure out how the scales is saying I am six pounds lighter when I look 20 pounds heavier. Anyway, my stomach seems to be sagging. Have you ever seen a heavy person who has lost alot of wt. and then has that excess skin hanging all over their body?? Well, that is what it looks like.. Anyone else notice this?? How gross!! I hope this is a temporary thing... I have a swimming pool and I so will not be getting in to a swim suit with my tummy looking like that. Lori
Unread 12-16-2004, 09:23 PM

Hi Sisters I am four weeks as well now and just wonder where the time has gone. Things are going well for me now with still a couple of small problems. On Monday I go for my first check up so I am excited about that. The doctor is a two hour drive away so not looking forward to that and its hot. I notice that if I sit for too long that swelly belly gets bigger and bigger and bigger looks like I am about to burst. I feel quite disgusted with it although perhaps we see it worse for ourselves not to sure on that but I know that it feels like it weighs heaps!
I have to have an ultra sound on Monday before my appointment as I am still having bladder problems and have to hold 1 litre of water before I see them so imagine the look of my swelly belly when I go in for that they will all think I am in for a pregnacy check. Still feel quite tired I am walking every day and get a little further each time because it is getting so hot I find I dont last the distance have to get up earlier but I am enjoying my bed at the moment.
Take care everyone

Barb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register