Scar Tissue and pain? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scar Tissue and pain? Scar Tissue and pain?

Unread 12-16-2004, 10:38 AM
Scar Tissue and pain?

Hi to all! I have a question in regards to Scar Tissue. I am almost 6 weeks post op, and about 2 weeks ago I noticed a small hard knot, about the size of a quarter, just above my incesion line. At first it hurt ocasionally, but now it never stops. The only way I can describe the pain is if you were to take a piece of Bailing Wire, and run it between the skin and muscle, and then commence to jamming it in and out, pretty much sums it up. It is extermly painfull, and sore around the site of the knot. It is the type of pain that will drop you to your knees, almost unbearable.
I went to my GYN to see what was going on with it. He was out doing an emergency C-section, so I had to wait for almost two hours, and it was the end of his day. He had to come to his office just to see me, which I am sure that he was not too happy about. He took about a minute in the office with me, looked at it, and said it was scar tissue, and he had plans of removing it in June. He told me to come back to him on the 4th of January, and he would check into it more.
I would like to know if anyone has had a problem with Scar Tissue being this painfull?
I really felt like my Doctor blew me off, almost like he had gotten his money out of the deal, now I could go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Scar Tissue and pain?

Oh man, that's a terrible feeling to be brushed off my the doctor. And worse than that...go away and come back for another surgery!!! Would have me upset too!

This ole'gal was raised with livestock so I know what bailing wire is. I also have a small knot on my left, slightly above my incision but deep into me. I also talked to my doctor about this at the 2 week check up and she told me I was just beginning to heal. It's the nerves, the netting of new tissue and the upset intestine combo. Mine puts me to bed after a pain pill but I can see that it's letting up a bit. Seems worse first thing in the AM and horrible by night. I can't lift my left leg for shaving or for socks, because there's this hurtful walnut size buldge in the way.

Because this hurt from the first moment of surgery and because endo was on my left side, I'm hoping it will all go away. Evidentually, your doctor saw your scar tissue...I just wonder why he didn't take it out when he had you open. I'd be in his office for sure in January. Meanwhile, try heat and or cold treatments and motrin incase it's not scar tissue.
Sorry you hurt,
Maralyn
Unread 12-16-2004, 11:27 AM
Scar Tissue and pain?

I am heading into 5 weeks and I have had a hardness all along my incision line on the bottom
It's scar tissue and she says be patient. Easy for HER to say!!
I'll tell you what's driving ME nuts...it's that pins and needles feeling from the nerve endings healing. Anyone else have that? When I touch my incision, like rubbing cream on it, it feels prickly and weird. Again...."That will go away, too!" Not soon enough for me!

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2004, 01:49 PM
Scar Tissue and pain?

Mary, I know jsut what you mean, the hardness is bad but the other prickly feeling is way worse for me, I have called my dr and was told I just have gas. This is NOT gas, some of the pressure and tightness above my scare may be some gas but not the neverending burning, screeetch to the touch feeling. Hope we all heal soon, I'm beginning to get sad.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register