I'm back and Mad! What a NIGHTMARE | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm back and Mad! What a NIGHTMARE I'm back and Mad! What a NIGHTMARE

Unread 12-17-2004, 08:25 AM
I'm back What a NIGHTMARE

I just wanted to say that I came home from the castle last night Dec 16th. I had a HORRIBLE stay at the hospital my blood pressure was 180/113! They said it was from pain the Dr who was on call was a <oops! please don't try to fool the censor> he didn't order me new pain medication untill I told him <please, no discussion of lawsuits> :burning: I was so mad!

I am however recovering beautiful. I did not have the LVAH they said I had too many adhesions that cause me alot of bleeding. I almost had to have a blood transfusion that's why my doctor didn't finish the LAVH due to excessive bleeding. I am grateful that I had a high blood count and didn't need a transfusion. They also gave me a IV in my NECK I was sooo <oops!>! It was a nightmare but I am home. I had 8 staples(she will take those out on Monday) so she had to do a small abdominal incsion to remove my uterus but I kept my cervix. I had some endo, a fibroid, Adhesions from my old C-Sections scars( I had 2 c-sections) and also some Adnemyosis so my uterus was a MESS.My ovary was stuck to my wall with adhesions and there were also adhesions on my bladder from the c-sections so I am GLAD I had my surgery. My doctor removed my adhesions and did a beautiful job on me. So I was blessed with having a awesome doctor.

I also have a swelly belly I have NO constipation and am walking like there is no tommorow lol. That's the best news of all is that I am recovering very fast doing everyhing that I am suppose to do.

THANK YOU soo much Hyster Sisters for the get well card and the prayers! I LOVE THIS SITE and my new family

Carol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2004, 08:29 AM
I'm back and Mad! What a NIGHTMARE

home Carol!

I am sorry to hear you had a bad time at the castle and that you had to have an incision instead of vaginal. Now remember to be a good princess and dont' do a darned thing!
Rest, water, walk, rest.....you know what you are supposed to do. Remember don't sweat the small stuff, if there is dust and the dishes need to be done and there is stuff on the floor--leave it! Take care of you, you don't want to regret later doing something you weren't supposed to do.
Please keep us updated on your recovery and I hope it goes very well. I hope you are able to enjoy the holidays without too much discomfort!
Best wishes!
Unread 12-17-2004, 08:31 AM

Aww thank so much Marian and I have my 3 kids here to help me and there off for the next 2 weeks. Thanks so much

Carol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2004, 08:56 AM

So sorry that you went through that...IV in the NECK makes me shudder ewww that must have hurt!
I am so glad you are home and feeling better tc
Unread 12-17-2004, 10:23 AM

I am so sorry you had such a bad time at the castle!

The pre-op nurse tried three times to get an IV into my hand!! THREE TIMES! OUCH! The doctor in the O.R. ended up having to put it in.

I remember feeling really good after the surgery and during the first couple of days at home. I said to myself...this is a piece of cake! Then it hit me. About five days after the surgery, I started to feel the real pain. :cry:

I believe it was when the morophine and anesthetic was wearing off. I have been told it takes a while for your body to rid the excess drugs.

So be careful! When you feel so good for that short period of time, it can be deceiving. Even if you are feeling great, don't life, push, pull, twist or reach!

I am three weeks post op and still feel tired, lazy, and sore.

I walked to the mailbox the other day (just to the end of my short street) and I thought I did well. Two hours later I felt nauseated and extremely fatigued! It was just a short walk!!!

Take care of yourself! It's time to take care of you.

Best of luck,

Sarah
Unread 12-17-2004, 10:51 AM

Sorry you had such a terrible time in the castle and with the IV!! I thought I had a bad deal. The one nurse told me not scream the next time, and I told her she'd better numb me the next time or I WAS going to Scream Again.

Glad you're home!!! Take it slow and let your kids pamper you!

I hope you have a nice holiday and that your recovery continues to go well.
Blessings,
Unread 12-17-2004, 07:39 PM

lol yu ladies are wonderful! I also had a chuckle in there too I was just thinking that I don't have any pain either just tender. I took 2 mortins today and that was it and I only had 1 Vicodin yesterday *patting self on the back* so I hope I don't have anymore pain. My recovery is going great and the tenderness is going away slowly so that's a good thing. I heal very fast so I am blessed with that. I wanted to walk at 3am yesterday lol but my nurse told me to wait untill when I saw my Dr at 7:30am I was rearing to go lol Thanks again Ladies for making my time and pain go by quickly

Carol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register