Appetite? How's It Been? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Appetite?  How's It Been? Appetite? How's It Been?

Unread 12-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

At three weeks post op, I find my appetite is definitely lower than pre-op. A good thing, I guess!

Just wondering how everyone is feeling about food in general and how their appetite has changed, if at all?

Any strange cravings? Foods you now like but used to hate? Or visa-versa?

Any weight loss... or dare I ask...weight gain :cry:?

Bring on the info girls!

Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

I'll reply first to my own post...

Weight loss of 3 lbs. in three weeks. Wish it was more! :cry:

I eat three meals a day. Definitely eating less than I did pre-op. I find I am
not snacking as much as I used to.

I am drinking TONS of water. I am constantly filling my glass up! I find it is easier to drink lots of water as I am not going far from the toilet! There is nothing worse than drinking a huge glass of water before going off shopping! Half way to the mall, I am needing to GO!

No cravings to speak of. Seem to feel fuller faster with less food! THIS IS A GOOD THING!

Happy Healing!
Sarah
Unread 12-17-2004, 01:34 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

Appetite is definitely lower, but no weigh loss. I am wondering if the swelling is keeping water weight on. If so, I can't wait for it to go away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Appetite? How's it been?

I've had no appetite since surgery on 11/16/04. I've lost about 6 pounds. I'm hoping it will stay off!

Mary
TAH/BSO
Unread 12-17-2004, 02:10 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

HI,
I recently had surgery this past week. Definitely have lost most of my apetite. Having some trouble keeping food down. Can't tell if I've actually lost anymore weight or not because of my swelly belly. It wasn't that swollen when I left the hospital yesterday, but last night it really pudged out!! I was surprised!

No cravings really. I would love ice cream or sherbert but don't dare because of my cold. I'm not supposed to have dairy anyway, but do sneak some on occassion when I'm feeling well.

I lost about 20lbs last Spring and am praying I don't gain any of it back now that I've had my surgery. I still have 15lbs to go.

Good Luck to you!!
Unread 12-17-2004, 02:44 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

5 weeks today post op.... i had no appetite ...lost 10 pounds or more ... i hope things will get better ... my sleep come and goes ..along with my appetite ... sometime i wonder did i do the right thing by having this operation ... i have been a mess up and down ..will it ever end ...

Pat
Unread 12-17-2004, 04:44 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

Katrina,

Congrats on the 20 lb. loss!!! That is great! Do you mind if I ask you how
you did it? I have been fighting my weight since the birth of my last child 11 years ago!

Any tips would be appreciated!

THANKS!

Sarah
Unread 12-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

Lost about 15 pounds since I was sick in September. Wasn't very hungry at week one. But week two you would have thought I was pregnant. Craved good food, and cooked food. My DS and I lived on TV dinners and DH fended for himself for 1 1/2 months of my illness before surgery. My Mom came and helped out and the quality of our food got lots better. Gained a few pounds, but the bod must need that good nutrition for healing. My consumption of sweets have definitely gone down. My suggestions for weight loss: avoid fatty foods & fried, eat lots of vegs/fruit, no gravies, avoid starches, eat lots of protein. Snack on good stuff between meals, and try eating smaller quantities more often. Avoid late night eating, and walk. That about covers it. But don't listen to me, I have been on a weight roller coaster ride forever!!!!
Unread 12-17-2004, 05:10 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

Hi Sarah!
Thanks! I agree with the other tips given but what really worked for us was cutting corn and corn syrup out of our diet. We also limit our dairy intake, and when we crave ice cream we get Bryers Naturals but not very often. We also eat a lot of high protiens (but are not on an atkins diet) and fruits and veggies. We still eat pasta, whole breads, and grains so we get plenty of carbs too. We shop mostly at the health food store and stick to the outer aisles.

It took us a while to find out what was going to work for our family. Good Luck to you!!
Unread 12-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Appetite? How's It Been?

My appetite didn't decrease, but I had cravings and if I couldn't have what I was craving, I wouldn't eat..LOL
My DD and I had a bet on who could go the longest without french fries. We were both @ 5 months almost and the day I came home from my last surgery, All I wanted was a big mac and large fries! LOL
I hadn't had a big mac in years!!!!!!
I broke and lost the bet, but it was the best big mac and fries I have ever had in my life...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register