Yeast issues - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Yeast issues

try reading the book THE YEAST CONNECTION by DR. WILLIAM CROOK.
It explains systemic candida and provides lots of info.
RAYZEL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2005, 05:56 AM
Yeast issues

I have found that if I take acidoplous, and am VERY careful of my sugar intake that I do much better. You my want to ask your Dr. for a check of your sugar level. I was having reaccuring infections, and with a blood sugar level check was told that I am diabetic. Not saying that's you but, something to keep in mind and maybe ask about..... Good luck!
Unread 01-03-2005, 06:46 AM
Yeast issues

I've been researching that possibility. My dad is a diabetic as are quite a few on his side of the family. Most are able to control it with diet. I've cut back my sugar intake in hope that I will take control of the yeast problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2005, 05:07 PM
Yeast issues

No actually you can both eat the yogurt and use it internally. I used to have big problems with yeast and would dip a tampon into the plain yoghurt with acidophillus (sp!) and insert it. If nothing else it relieves the itch and burn for a while. The other thing I have tried is cider vinegar sitz bath.

Naomi.
Unread 01-04-2005, 05:25 PM
just a suggestion

i don't know how well it will work for you but i know that it has helped alot of women and men who have had vaginal and external yeast infections. there is a douch that you can get made by melaluca. it is usually sold by independants but try looking it up online with key word melaluca oil. hope this helps.
Unread 01-07-2005, 09:46 AM
Yeast issues

Didn't read all of the post, so I hope no one has said this already, but...I'm not sure that I would be using Listerine with a paper towel. For one thing, the paper towels lose fibers and that could be causing more problems and/or infection, and Listerine is meant for the mouth, maybe too harsh for the vagina. My gyn told me that it is safe to douche if you no longer have a cervix, (sounds to me you may still have yours though) because it goes in and comes right back out now, so vinegar and water douche seem to help. Also I have used acidophilus capsules broken up and put into warm water for a douche. Hope you get some relief soon, I know what you are going through because I have dealt with yeast all my adult life, even after my hyst. Good luck.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register