Besides losing your uterus, etc., how have you changed? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Besides losing your uterus, etc., how have you changed? Besides losing your uterus, etc., how have you changed?

Unread 12-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Besides losing your uterus, etc., how have you changed?

Hi ((((((Deb)))))))
I am so glad you have found peace and are enjoying the new you!! I am also glad you started this.

Many things have changed for me. I realize that I am mortal, and that I need to watch the future for my son. We have not gotten two pennies in savings and what would happen? I have realized that my dreams, which I was told long ago, I could never fulfill, are important to me. Yes, I am going back to school, and yes I am looking at prospect of more money. Funny though, before surgery it was important i make money for ME, now I need to put away for tomorrow. I have cash sitting in a drawer, that I have not spent! Woohoo!! I see that my family, meaning my mother, my DH and DS, and my step kids are my life, and they mean the world to me. My brother and I are estranged and funny, it doesnt hurt now. I finallly told my mother that when she is gone, we will never be friends, we wont even speak. And that is ok. It hurts her but it is way too stressful for me to worry about.

I said no to a friend, for probably the first time ever. I felt bad but stood my ground. I let the job situation and my firing go, where before i would still be harboring it inside, and driving myself crazy. I do have the urge to call and let him have it, but realize it is he who lost out, not me.

I was over at our friends house last night after the Christmas party and the greatest joy I had was to see his Mini Pinscher who climbs up, licks my face, and sang in my ear!! How exciting to enjoy a puppy licking my face! It made me smile, and laugh, and I even sang a bit with her! My sons cat comes to me all the time, and kisses my nose, and I laugh over that! Life is so full of the smallest joys when we have the time to see them, and enjoy them! I smile at babies, and I love the innocence of them. I smile at people I knew way back when, and i hold my head high!

Dreams, babies, puppies and kitties, how much better can life get!!

Hugs
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2004, 08:58 AM

My outlook on life has changed the same way. I thought it was because my Dad died Dec. 8th, but I really now believe that it is due to both changes in my life. I am really enjoying staying home and having everyone take care of me for a change. Even my DH has admitted that he realizes that he is a selfish person and my not being able to do everything has made him realize how much I do. Especially for him. He can't wait for me to feel better! I have a better patience for people that I always thought were moving "too slow". Just because you don't look like something is wrong, I now appreciate that they may have things wrong that we can't see and for them, just being able to get out is an accomplishment. Go figure! I haven't felt that my mortality was in question, however, having more material things are really not a priority. I'm really content in the life I have now and I'm not looking forward to going back to a hectic, long, stressed out work day. I am definiately going to start looking for a job that is more fullfilling. Having this surgery was a blessing for me. It also allowed me time to spend with my Dad during his last weeks of life that to me can never be replaced. If not for this surgery and recovery I wouldn't have been given that chance.

May everyone on this wonderful site have a very Happy Holiday season and may the New Year bring you all everything you want and deserve.

Margi
Unread 12-20-2004, 09:19 AM

Wow you women are bringing me to tears (happy, not sad) I feel different too! I used to be so shy and cared so much about what others thought of me....honey now I could care less!
I am just happier and proud to me!
And so blessed to have the kids I have, and the wonderful support here from you wonderful women

harley_kat ~ best of wishes to you going back to school ~ I did the same thing a few years back now have my degree and so glad I did it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2004, 09:20 AM

I don't know if how I have changed is due to the loss of my uterus or the fact that i had so much time off, I saw things that I wanted to change.
I stand up for myself a lot more than I use to. I have this...screw it attitude.
I don't sweat the small stuff in my life or the lives of my children. I feel that I have become wiser in a sense. I really listen to my children...I mean really listen because I had the time and when I didn't , I made the time.
I am more willing to give more of myself if needed. I have realized that no one can make me happy if I am not happy with myself.
so yeah, I have changed a lot...some people say I am more b****y, but I don't look at it like that. I look at it as I am in control and if I don't want to, I don't.
Unread 12-20-2004, 11:53 AM

Wow, what a great post! I also feel this surgery has made me a different person. I feel it is the surgery as well as my dad's death and losing several close family members in just 2 years.

All of this has taught me to emphathise and be more patient and tolerant of others and their feelings, and their trials and etribulations, no matter how trivial they may seem to me. We all have different things to face what might be an issue for me may not be for someon else and vice versa. I also appreciate my dh more, I was already close to him and had a good relationship with him but it is even stronger, and I appreciate my kids more, and how truly good kids they are. I also appreciate my mom more since the surgery, she has helped me out alot and she had her own health problems, while I was recovering she had open heart surgery and we almost lost her, and she is dealing with my father's death, and they were together 48 years, and she still does for others and doesn't sweat the small stuff. I have learned that also. I will not sweat the small stuff. I am thankful to God to be alive, and I am thankful for the many friends and wonderful co-workers, and boss I have, who have really come through during my surgery and recovery and I am mostly very thankful for my loving family, and I make sure my priorities are straight in life. I have also learned to make sure I take time for me, and make sure I take care of myself, if I am not well and don't take care of me, how can I give to others especially those close to me. I also learned to slow down a bit, not be so anxious and too busy. I still have complicatioins from this surgery but I will deal with them, and alow myself not to be at peak performance all the times....I will take it easier more

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register