Why are you happy with your hysterectomy? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Why are you happy with your hysterectomy? Why are you happy with your hysterectomy?

Unread 12-27-2004, 11:59 PM
Why are you happy with your hysterectomy?

I am extremely happy with my hysterectomy.
My life is so much better now. I can vacation when I want and not worry about packing enough pads and will I be on my knees in a strange bathroom with severe cramping feeling miserable.
I know that each month isn't going to be controlled by my "cycle" which was unpredictible anyway.
I sleep much better now.
I can be out in public without wondering if I'm bleeding through my pants.
No more yucky gushing and ugly clots.
I don't have the tense feeling I used to have at least three weeks out of a month.
Yep, I'm happy and have no regrets.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2004, 03:16 AM
Because life is worth living!

Hi Weezy!
I know you now have well over 50 replies to your innocent little question ( LOL! ) but here I am adding one more ~ I can't tell you how tired I used to get, how many things I slacked off on, ( you have to let some things go, when you can't do it all) how weak I always felt, how emotionally WEIRD! I was~ SOO MANY things!
When I got out of surgery, the doc told me that the cyst I had was so huge ~( largest he'd ever seen, he said, larger than a large grapefruit! ~ twisted around one ovary and the tube, pushing the uterus into prolapse, ~which was itself swollen into a 3month pregnant size~ clogging up my bowels, and pressing my bladder into service when anything more than a teaspoon was in there) ~that he was surprised I wasn't completely bedridden with the pain. That silly cyst was costing me my life, not to mention the polyps in the uterus that casued it to bleed incessantly.
~ I am only 2 1/2 weeks out from the surgery ( had it done on the 11 of Dec., 04) and already my energy level is so much HIGHER than it was the day I went into surgery!
~ My emotional state is healthier ( I don't think that one cysted ovary was doing any good anyway, so it's not been any different with only one left, I guess it's too early to make a real judgement call there, though).
~ My bowels are less constipated, and there is an END in site for that, I know it will get better as my body heals.
~ I found out just how much friends and family loved me, I was overwhelmed by the kindnesses I recieved, and continue to recieve!
~ My husband has been more loving and thoughtful than I ever thought he would be.
~ My children have literally TAKEN OVER the menial chores and done so BEAUTIFULLY! ( what a blessing!)
~ I have been able to sit back and reflect on so many things, like I said in another post,
~ It's been like a mini-vacation with great drugs!

~ I have lost over 17 lbs in water weight from swollen legs and feet, not to mention whatever that nasty cyst and uterus weighed!
~ I got to keep at least one ovary, and the cervix, which was a personal victory.
~ I learned how to do origami, cut out paperdolls with my kids, and even bought a gorgeous princess-worthy salwar kameez on ebay, custom made! (WITH my husband's approval, no less, he WANTED me to get something comfy to wear around, that looked classy as well, said I deserved it! WOW!)
~ And ~ I learned about this web-site, and all of the really terrific people on it!

Has it been hard? Has it been painful? Has it been a major upset, especially just before Christmas? Have there been difficult, moody sad days, and severe frustration at having to SIT STILL and take it easy?
~Yes, but it's been SOOO WORTH IT!
I can't wait to get back into karate, and biking, hiking, and camping with my family, I can't wait to get to go shopping again all by myself, WITHOUT a wheelchair, Can't wait to get to make love again ( that one is REALLY TOUGH, but what must be must be) , Can't wait for life to get back into full swing, but you know what?
~ I am so glad I CAN take one day at a time, I CAN spend extra time with my kids, I CAN accept friendship and help from others, I CAN write thank you notes and actually GOT cards sent this year!, I CAN read books and listen to music, I CAN use the bathroom, ~without a pad!!~ I CAN walk around the house a little faster than yesterday, I CAN almost stand up all the way without stooping over, I CAN get myself up off the bed, and I CAN put a smile on my face and greet each new day knowing that pads, tampons and forever black pants are NO MORE!!!
~ And I CAN Thank God that my surgeon was a knowledgable man, that I have a sweet DH, friends and family, and that God himself is watching out for me!
I hope your perspective has been broadened, and if all else fails, you know a good talk with your Maker never fails to heal.
Much love,luck and laughter!
Cara (redhead)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register