moods & emotions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

moods & emotions moods & emotions

Unread 01-05-2005, 04:35 AM
moods & emotions

Thank you thank you for your suggestions and advice. Christmas and New Years was great, we went camping and l had a lovely time relaxing. Then we got home and I fell in a major hole AGAIN. I really thought the operation would fix everything and l would be "normal" after having it.

To top things off this week my sister has had a baby and all l can do is cry about it. My husband and l made this decission knowing it meant no more kids but it still kills me and l feel stupid for feeling like this. My brain is about to explode because the logical side is saying be grateful you were lucky enough to have two healthy children beforehand but the emotional side is crying in pain. I entered into this thinking that l didn't care about my repoductive bits as they have only ever given me grief. My mum said when she had to have hers she felt like she was no longer 100% woman. I always had the idea that l wouldn't care when the organs were gone because life would be so much easier without them. I cried for about 2 hours last night (and am starting again) when l heard the answering machine message. And l feel so bad that l can't be overjoyed for my sister. I don't know how you are supposed to "get over" this feeling or more to the point how to deal with it. I suppose in time the feelings will dull but at the moment l just feel like l have given up that chance of ever being able to have another child. But l have decided that l don't want any more and that's why l can't understand why l'm so upset still.

Does any one else feel like this about new babies or did any one feel like this and deal with it.

I feel so emotional at the moment l'm dreading going to see them because l don't want to bluber all over the place and look like an idiot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2005, 05:46 AM
moods & emotions

Oh Chezz;
Please do not feel stupid for grieving the loss of your "organs". Many women feel as you do. It's okay.
I'm certain your sister will understand how you feel. Perhaps you can have your husband or mother or someone close to your family talk with her and explain that while you are happy to have another neice/nephew you are still recovering from your hyst and the emotional turmoil you are going through at this time. Be sure to have them tell her you love her very much and wish you could share in her joy but, you need time right now.
If you have not done so yet, please see your doctor again for some labs. Perhaps things ar out of whack or he could give you something to help you with your emotions.
Don't feel alone! There are many many wonderful women here that will listen ANYTIME you need someone!
Also, please post in aching hearts as well as here, the women there can help you so much!

Best wishes sweetie, take care!

Sybie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register