Anyone else pain free after 5 days? Is something wrong with me? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else pain free after 5 days? Is something wrong with me? Anyone else pain free after 5 days? Is something wrong with me?

Unread 12-21-2004, 03:03 PM
Anyone else pain free after 5 days? Is something wrong with me?

Thankfully I am recovering VERY well. Had my surgery 6 days ago - the 15th. I feel only a small amount of discomfort when getting in/out of bed (if I am not careful). Took no narcotic meds in the hospital - a few IV anti - inflammatories and then just some Tylenol when I got home. Of course, coughing and sneezing are a whole different story - that hurts alot when it happens. I expected alot worse. I was released from the hospital on the 17th. I am drinking alot of water so I haven't had the bowel problems - a little gas at first. No bleeding at all. I am just wondering if I should expect more. I don't want to be surprised. I am still taking it very easy. I am sitting around and reading alot and spending alot of quality time with my 5 month old on my lap. I am afraid to pick him up too much. I don't want to mess up the internal healings. I guess my big question is - Is there something lying in wait - some bigger pain? I breezed through my C section last July but I expected more trouble from this one.

MY VERY BEST WISHES FOR ALL OF YOU RECENT PRINCESSES!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2004, 04:18 PM
I am doing well too!

Hi-

I had mine on the 16th and stayed 1 day in the hospital. I also haven't needed the pain meds only Motrin here and there. I like you had the most discomfort getting in and out of bed ... but that is getting easier! I had my staples removed today and I have a slight problem with my incision need to have it checked daily as it is slightly open. I for the most part feel much better than I would have ever expected! I didn't have gas pains or bowel problems or bleeding either . I ended up with a tummy bug yesterday like a 24 hr thing that seems to have gone now! I have been resting .. watching TV ... checking the board... talking on the phone ETC. I keep thinking that maybe things would get worse.... In the hospital the nurses were amazed at how well I was doing but I did feel a little more pain when I got home from the surgery. Happy holidays to you!
Unread 12-21-2004, 04:35 PM

Hi,

Since the first weeks are usually the most "painful" I think you are one of the lucky ones and will have an easy recovery!!

I used anti-inflammatory suppositories and Tylenol at home for the first weeks. Except the the first week of gas pain I can't say I was in very much pain either.

Just make sure you keep taking it easy for a while and not go into what I call the "At 2 weeks I feel great syndrome" and start overdoing it. I did it and it brought me back to reality: I was in no way ready to resume normal activities. Fortunately I felt no extreme pain but soreness and a bad case of swelly belly for 2 days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2004, 05:09 PM

Waloo, I am 4 weeks and felt excatly like you did at a few days. I had surgery on Wednesday morning, came home Thursday morning and by Saturday I was convincing my DH to take me for a ride anywhere, I was climbing the walls. I have continued to improve greatly, not one drop of bleeding, no pain meds at all since day 2, no problem with BM, no incision pain. Just a steadily increasing feeling of getting better day by day. So good luck to you and hopefully you are one of the lucky ones like me.
Unread 12-21-2004, 05:22 PM

Hi Waloo- I am 5 weeks today and also have had a very uneventful and easy recovery. Came back to work part time at 3 weeks (desk job) and am now back full time and I feel great. I am not 100% but each day does get better. I never had much pain either (cept the sneezing, coughing!)and now have none at all. I think alot of sisters who have easy recoveries don't come back here as they don't have issues, but I think it is important to let those waiting know that there are some of us who breeze through this. Good luck with your continued health and remember to still take it easy!
Unread 12-21-2004, 07:09 PM

well... I'm at two weeks now and have been feeling SO good, that now I'm having issues from overdoing it;-) SO... i wouldn't get TOO excited about your speedy recovery just yet! I have a 3 year old, not a 5 month old, but she's young enough that she wants to be carried way more often than I really should be picking her up.

Good luck! I hope you continue to feel so great! I'm still doing okay, but I've started bleeding some and its got me all paranoid, but I'm pretty sure its just from doing too much too fast.
Unread 12-21-2004, 08:02 PM

Well there are certainly some of us that have had easy recoveries - and I hope that makes the ladies-in-waiting feel hopeful. I had no pain killers after day 2 and have suffered no bleeding at all and only a dull ache that cleared up after about week 4. It will be 6 weeks this coming Friday since I had a TAH plus lymph nodes and omertum and I feel terrific. I had a strange feeling that my insiders were dropping out every time I stood up but that only lasted about 5 days. I felt very tired in week 3.
However continue to take it easy so that your good recovery continues.

Glenys
Unread 12-21-2004, 08:11 PM

One week today! If I didn't have a cold I would feel great! I have very little pain or discharge. I am looking forward to years without pain, bleeding or cancer!!!! The cold is probably God's way of making me take it easy! I guess he knows best!
Nancy
Unread 12-21-2004, 08:43 PM

LOL... well He played a trick on me! 2 days home from the hospital and my 3 year old woke up with TWO ear infections! Its just now that I CAN rest and take it easy;-)

The Christmas season is definately NOT the best time of year for surgery!

but... like I said... overall, I'm doing pretty dang good. I know I recovered much faster this time than with either of my c-sections.
Unread 12-21-2004, 08:56 PM

I'm feeling so much better than I thought I would I feel like they forgot to do the surgery!!!

Marla

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register