Can they do this to us at work? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can they do this to us at work? Can they do this to us at work?

Unread 12-24-2004, 11:13 AM
can they do this to me

Deb,
Sorry to hear this is happening. Unfortunately, they can force you out. This is aweful. I hate it and FMLA is only 12 weeks and that is all they hold your job for. But the fine print to that is,( if that job is still available.) I know this first hand - happened to me before and then to my husband years later. They can always find a way to "not have that particular job available). In corporate downsizing, they can restructure and rename your same job and that makes them safe.

Sounds like you have had a life changing realization that maybe this is not the perfect job for you. Go for it and do not be scared. I did and I am verry happy I did. I was scared to death but I am so much happier now. Thing is, no matter where you go to work, the same laws apply and when you are at 100% they will love you, when you get below that, all is thrown out the window and they hate you. Bottom line is productivity and they really don't care- and they don't have to. SO don't think that another place to work will make it all OK. You can find a better job that YOU love and can do much easier physically, but the corporate bosses are all the same - male and female when it comes to money.

My husband was a Police Officer -Injured in the line of duty. Had back surgery and not at 100% after that, they booted him out like he was nothing. While keeping other officers that had problems -even took oxygen on their side to work in order to breath and they found them a desk job -but not for my husband. Even though he was injured in the line of duty. Workers Comp and all. So - no one is safe. He still gets Comp benefits for medical expenses and meds but they booted him too and said they had no schooling for him to retrain and dropped him . Gave him a few thousand dollars and said this is your rehabilitation go live. He was just 10% under 100% when they sent him for his Maxium Medical Improvement Disability rating, and they told him he must retire. He is not totally perminately disabled, just partially permanetely disabled. So no SSI, just his disability pension from being a cop. Nothing close to what he was making. This was his career and all he ever did. He is trying to cope with all of that. So you are NOT ALONE!!! Don''t feel like you are. It happens every day.

BUT - You can find something else to do that will be better for you physically and this will make you happier. Just don't waste alot of time thinking you can fight them in court, because it's just a waste of time and money. Take action and get to work finding another carreer. God is talking to you! He does this allot. Go for it and find that better job that will make you happy!! Take this time to see what you would really like to do and do it. Don't limit yourself no matter how old you are you can do it. And don't count out being a business owner either. There are allot of programs out there for women to start their own business. GO FOR IT AND BE HAPPY!!!

Merry Christmas and let this NEW YEAR be the Life Changing Best Year ever!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2004, 11:51 AM
Babs, Marian, Debsplace, etc....

Quote:
Originally posted by Babs100
To Bichonese: It sounds like your workplace ***** anyway, so it will be good for you look for a new situation. I have found that women can be sympathetic to our plight, but men (particularly men supervisors) have no sympathy. I went back "part-time," and my boss keeps insisting on loading me up with work (also I'm a bit of a workaholic myself, so I'm doing it to myself as well). Today I worked a full 8 hour day for the first time since my surgery and the pain I continue to have is even worse.

Marianwrn - you seem to be suffering more than anyone on this site, yet you are so warm and comforting to us all - thank goodness you are here - so even though you are not working - you are still helping people! And in answer to your pm to me - I am a public defender.
Babs-would you believe I have an RN for a supervisor...who also had a TAH earlier this year? Unreal. No compassion...

Marian-she has been a wonderful support to me on email these last few crucial days...things she has shared with me and opened my eyes a little wider toward my future and all of you have confirmed what I suspected about how this legally works...

debsplace-wow! Well, you are right on the money about me on all points and I will NOT let them get me declared "disabled"...I will resign first and leave their stinkin' system, rest a month, and go back to something I can manage, even if part time...and the self-employment has already been drumming in my brain as well...

YES..I have believed from the beginning that God had a hand in all of this...it is just all unfolding and I am going to finally be HAPPY. At this point in my life, I know what my priorities are...I am getting ready to turn 50...no more wasting of precious time and energy on bs such as this...

Thank you, Sisters...I believe you all must have wings on your backs!!

Love,
Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register